NEW STUDIES IN BIBLICAL THEOLOGY

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 111
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 6:05 PM

John Sherk:

Does anyone have any of the works of Peter O'Brien that they'd like to share?

email me @ khochaypaul@gmail.com

Posts 7437
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 6:31 PM

pk47:

John Sherk:

email me @ khochaypaul@gmail.com

Write “at” instead of @!or else spambots will steal your email and spam the heck out of you.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 8:38 PM

John Sherk:

In order to ensure users comply with copyright laws and Faithlife stay in business each user needs to purchase thei own copy of a resource, they can not be shared. I realise these are no longer available for purchase but that does not make them a free for all to be shared around.  Faithlife books can not be shared, you would need to find someone who has a license to them willing to sell that license to you and you'd need to pay them their asking price plus a  license transfer fee to Fatihlife to proces the transaction.

Sharing of PDF, ePub, mobi or txt files for that matter would also be inappropraiate and a violation of copyright.

Posts 3244
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 2:17 PM

DIsciple II:

John Sherk:

In order to ensure users comply with copyright laws and Faithlife stay in business each user needs to purchase thei own copy of a resource, they can not be shared. I realise these are no longer available for purchase but that does not make them a free for all to be shared around.  Faithlife books can not be shared, you would need to find someone who has a license to them willing to sell that license to you and you'd need to pay them their asking price plus a  license transfer fee to Fatihlife to proces the transaction.

Sharing of PDF, ePub, mobi or txt files for that matter would also be inappropraiate and a violation of copyright.

D2 is right- Obey the Law- sell it if you want to or give it away- but DO NOT COPY AND SHARE.

Posts 7437
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:48 PM

DIsciple II:

John Sherk:

Is no longer being sold, so if someone that owns it wants to share a PDF they can do so.  Copyright laws don’t apply to a product that has been retired for plagiarism.  If someone started selling them for profit, then it would be a different story.

DAL

Posts 3727
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 8:45 PM

DAL:
Copyright laws don’t apply to a product that has been retired for plagiarism.

Can you provide any evidence or proof to support that claim?

Not a lawyer, and I don’t have a horse in this race. Merely curious, but I couldn’t find an answer on Google.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 28493
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 9:10 PM

DAL:
 Copyright laws don’t apply to a product that has been retired for plagiarism.  If someone started selling them for profit, then it would be a different story.

so what you are saying is that if thief 2 steals from thief 1, then the victim doesn’t have a claim against thief 2?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29428
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 1:23 AM

DAL:
 Copyright laws don’t apply to a product that has been retired for plagiarism

This is not my understanding but I haven't looked deeply into the issue. Your evidence? I would expect that all the text that was not plagarized would still be under copyright.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10786
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 3:13 AM

MJ. Smith:
I would expect that all the text that was not plagarized would still be under copyright.
...and all that was plagiarized would be still under copyright of the original author/publisher.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3244
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:12 AM

I would just say this contact the editors of the series and the publisher- see what they say- that would end this discussion. MHO

Posts 7437
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 9:12 AM

😂😂😂 I bet everyone is anxiously awaiting my response 😂😂😂 More coming right after a nice long nap 😴 Being an “essential” employee sure drains you a bit 🙂 😜😜

DAL

PS. I’d be careful with the label “thief” — you might end up throwing Zondervan, Baker and even FL under the bus 😜

Posts 11095
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 27 2020 9:24 AM

DAL:
Write “at” instead of @!or else spambots will steal your email and spam the heck out of you.

Well, DAL, get your rest. It's shark-territory out there.

I'd be curious how Christians handle all those PDFs for Christian copyrighted books. Bunches. I'm sure only non-Christians are downloading the Christian PDFs.

BTW, bots know all the tricks to email obfuscation, all within micro-seconds. At best, a hand-written email address no one can read.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS