BAGD PBB Task

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3166
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 10 2019 1:59 AM

Ok I purchased a copy of BAGD- getting ready to start a PBB (since LOGOS is decades away from getting it) what I want to do is maintain the original page numbers, since this will be the first on I have actually tried this with, any suggestions as to how to do this, it is important to maintain for searching references.

Posts 1941
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 5:45 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
since LOGOS is decades away from getting it

Logos does have it, they simply aren't allowed to sell it anymore. We should continue putting pressure on them to put pressure the publisher to allow this to be sold (at least to those who have BDAG) because of the slew of links to it.

Posts 3115
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 6:41 AM

Awesome news Whyndell!

Reuben I believe FL has tried and the publisher said no.  Same with the old NIV84

Posts 1959
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:20 AM

Actually, there was some promising movement in this thread, but I have heard nothing in some time.  I bumped it to see if anything happens.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2794
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:20 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
getting ready to start a PBB

See you in about two years, Whyndell. Smile

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1959
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:23 AM

The last positive information that came out was this:

Beloved:

I was contacted today by Joe McCune from customer service I reviewed with him the hopes and desires expressed in this thread. He was open to giving a hearing for the approaches to handling editions that have been updated. He emphasized that negotiations were on a case by case basis and the adopting of one approach is not possible. 

The NIV84 is not available and this is totally controlled by the publisher and they have no interest in making this resource available for purchase. BAGD is actively in negotiations and the terms are confidential. He heard that there are compelling reasons for making this resource available once again. Once negotiations are completed announcements along the usual channels (Prepub, forums, and emails) will be forthcoming.

It is my opinion that we the consumer can have an effect on the outcomes if we act in concert and actively voice our opinions in the methods available to us (User Voice, the forums, and interactions with staff). I encourage you to be vocal on this thread, it is being monitored. The more input the better the likelihood of a favorable response from FL. 

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3166
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 1:23 PM

Doc B:

Whyndell Gizzard:
getting ready to start a PBB

See you in about two years, Whyndell. Smile

Definitely going to be some work- but having it professionally scanned, with the quality, converting to Word will be some much easier. What is going to be missing is a lot, and I mean a lot of the links to non-Logos references. 

I think I will be doing it in sections, this will make it to compile and organize into approximately 6 volumes.

Posts 5
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 2:09 PM

i'd be interested in buying it!

Posts 3166
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 3:10 PM

Fábio Silva:

i'd be interested in buying it!

Sorry can't sell these items- it is for personal use. Wish I could but not legal. 

Posts 5
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:07 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My interest in buying was an answer to Joseph Turner's post about we being vocal if we want something.

Posts 2300
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2019 4:18 PM

Fábio Silva:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My interest in buying was an answer to Joseph Turner's post about we being vocal if we want something.

You can vote here

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/34160098-a-greek-english-lexicon-of-the-new-testament-and-o

And the thread that was referenced starts here

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/168669.aspx?PageIndex=1 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS