Logos Is Slow To Open

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Randall Runion | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 15 2019 8:56 AM

Whenever I start to open Logos, I'm still running Logos 7, Logos has to do something with my Library before it can open. I have a slow, satellite internet connection, but it's the only option available to me, and it takes several minutes to finally open Logos. Is there any way to avoid this long wait time whenever I want to open Logos? 

Thanks

Randall

Posts 10248
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 9:12 AM

First, L8 is faster, opening. Upgrade?

I still use L7.

First, in settings, I have it manual update only. No constant slowdowns (we use total cellular).

And secondly, I keep the internet off during Logos starts (though I rarely re-start, just sleep the system).

But recently, I just leave L7 offline. Fast and easy.

Posts 25056
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 3:39 PM

Randall Runion:
Whenever I start to open Logos, I'm still running Logos 7, Logos has to do something with my Library before it can open.

I let it sleep with the computer for days without closing it, mainly because I set Auto Download Updates to NO in Program Settings.

A command that will speed opening Logos is Set Use Ngen to Yes followed by a restart. It will work on the next restart, and you don't have to repeat the command. 

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4635
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2019 6:52 PM

I'm curious about why you have not upgraded to L8?

Posts 5
Randall Runion | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 6:37 PM

Quite frankly, it's because I am retired after being a Pastor for 47 1/2 years in small, rural Churches that did the best they could for me and I'm grateful to them. But I retired on a shoestring at 70 years of age and I just can't afford the upgrade. 

Randall

Posts 1164
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2019 6:46 PM

Randall Runion:

Quite frankly, it's because I am retired after being a Pastor for 47 1/2 years in small, rural Churches that did the best they could for me and I'm grateful to them. But I retired on a shoestring at 70 years of age and I just can't afford the upgrade. 

Randall

Good news! Logos 8 is FREE. 

https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS