Logos 8.7 Beta 1 (8.7.0.0006)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 16 2019 4:58 PM

To immediately update to the current beta enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes     

Mac

Windows

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:47 AM

I need a direct download link for the beta. I wanted to downgrade to the current stable version, but a window pops up and tells me that I have documents or resources that require the beta, and then hangs until I force a quit. But the only way to get the beta (that I can see) is to set the update channel from within the app itself. And since the app won't open (because I have resources that require the beta) . . . 

Never mind - the links above are to the beta

Posts 314
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:47 AM

I REALLY like the new context menu. Switching to left to right is such a relief! WORD > SELECTION > ACTION. Great job guys! A simple change but a well thought through decision.

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 7:15 AM

I like new context menu too. However, the new Copy Styled option doesn't seem to do what the release notes claim

• Added a new Copy Bible Verses option called “Styled” that uses the last used style from the Copy Bible Verses Tool.

I used my custom style created to copy the verse to Word using my Word Style in my default Normal.dotm template that formats all bible quotes. Instead it gives me a generic formatting when I paste into word.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 3:02 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I like new context menu too. However, the new Copy Styled option doesn't seem to do what the release notes claim

• Added a new Copy Bible Verses option called “Styled” that uses the last used style from the Copy Bible Verses Tool.

I used my custom style created to copy the verse to Word using my Word Style in my default Normal.dotm template that formats all bible quotes. Instead it gives me a generic formatting when I paste into word.

Kevin,

How are you pasting into to Word? Also this doesn't affect your Normal.dotm template. Can you post screenshots? I used a custom style from the Copy Bible References Tool and copied and pasted the text into Word. I then selected another passage and then used the "Styled" option. When I pasted it into Word it used the same style.

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 5:37 AM

Here is a link to the video I created demonstrating the problem.

I am pasting into Word using the CBV Tool. I hit the button to copy and then use CTRL V in Word.

With the new context menu I right clicked the text and chose the reference and then I chose styled and then CTRL V in Word.

As you can see in the video using the CBV Tool it abides by my custom style. With the Styled after using the custom style in CBV first, it doesn't abide by the custom style.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 2:22 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Here is a link to the video I created demonstrating the problem.

I am pasting into Word using the CBV Tool. I hit the button to copy and then use CTRL V in Word.

With the new context menu I right clicked the text and chose the reference and then I chose styled and then CTRL V in Word.

As you can see in the video using the CBV Tool it abides by my custom style. With the Styled after using the custom style in CBV first, it doesn't abide by the custom style.

Kevin,

Can you include the template for your custom style? Also how are you getting the text to turn red?

Posts 1347
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 2:47 PM

So... I want to select some text and just hit my keyboard shortcut to apply a particular highlight style, but can't anymore. The menu pops up immediately, and the keyboard shortcut appears disabled.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 3:05 PM

Ben:

So... I want to select some text and just hit my keyboard shortcut to apply a particular highlight style, but can't anymore. The menu pops up immediately, and the keyboard shortcut appears disabled.

The keyboard shortcut should work, it just doesn't dismiss the menu on Mac, that will be fixed in 8.7 Beta 2. Can you provide a screenshot of your highlighting style along with the keyboard shortcut you've set it to? It should still apply the highlight even if it doesn't dismiss the pop-up.

Posts 720
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 9:55 PM

Hi Philana,

Great, the shortcuts work again. I had missed them. Even better, when the shortcut dismisses again the menu on MacOS.

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2019 11:53 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Kevin,

Can you include the template for your custom style? Also how are you getting the text to turn red?

Here it is...

%NoCharFormatting
%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation
%HeaderStyle = Quote
%ForEachVerseStyle = Quote
%FooterStyle = Quote
<p>
=Header
[FullPassageRef], [Version] <p>
=ForEachVerse
[VerseNum]- [VerseText]
=Footer

The formatting of the text comes from the Word style listed in this custom style where it says "Headerstyle" above.

Posts 2679
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2019 7:23 AM

This sounds like the same issue reported by another user here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/182782.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS