Facebook Deemed Biblia Offensive

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Rick Wilkinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 17 2019 2:09 PM

Hi, I have gotten into the habit of putting the little meme on the hpme page of Logos to my Chuch's facebook page. Then today it came up that it was deemed offensive, somebody had complained. We are a smallish church. I have had some of the church member comment they look forward to viewing them. I do not understand how facebook could deem them offensive even if someone complained. Anyone else having this problem?

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 2:36 PM

You mean the “verse of the day” artwork, right? Which verse? Was this your personal FB account or a church one? How “public“ or “private” are your posts? Did you write to FB? Get a response?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 2:38 PM

They hate Jesus. John 15:18

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 777
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 4:32 PM

Yes

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 5:12 PM

Rick Wilkinson:

Hi, I have gotten into the habit of putting the little meme on the hpme page of Logos to my Chuch's facebook page. Then today it came up that it was deemed offensive, somebody had complained. We are a smallish church. I have had some of the church member comment they look forward to viewing them. I do not understand how facebook could deem them offensive even if someone complained. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah they did me as well, some over exuberant censor with nothing else to do. This was not the first time.

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 5:39 PM

This happened once before: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/178922.aspx

Hopefully Faithlife will find a quick solution.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:13 PM

In the meantime:

Not sure if you're on Windows or Mac, but in Windows (at least) you left click on the meme and it opens in the main Logos page as "Media." If you save the meme to disk, you can then upload that to Facebook. 

There is a downside, : it resets your main page to two columns (I normally have three -- AAARRRRGGG!). You can quickly get that back in the Layout history though (AAAAHHHH!).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5
Rick Wilkinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:23 PM

Yes verse of the day. Did not see where it told me which on some one complained about. They are public. I really doubt some one complained though. The verse of the day is pretty much nonpolitical or controversial. Writing to Facebook is like trying to get through to tech support for many companies.

Posts 5
Rick Wilkinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:23 PM

Yep.

Posts 5
Rick Wilkinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:27 PM

Hi, I can create my own using a couple different programs but it is pretty handy. Just think it is another way of hassling.

Posts 5
Rick Wilkinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2019 6:28 PM

I kind of figured it had. Was wondering if it was an ongoing problem.

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:56 AM

Robert M. Warren:

They hate Jesus. John 15:18

Correct.

Dr. David Wood has already taken action, and deleted his account after they kept banning him for violating the community guidelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5sahmFU2k

I've not been that brave.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2019 7:43 PM

JT (alabama24):

You mean the “verse of the day” artwork, right? Which verse? Was this your personal FB account or a church one? How “public“ or “private” are your posts? Did you write to FB? Get a response?

Just tried it on my personal account, got blocked because some on found it offensive, any on know how found it offensive so I can report their posts as offensive to me :)   Just love FB more and more each day ;) 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 2:28 AM

Yes FL needs to step in and contact FB regarding this- I have heard from numerous friends it happens when they have tried to share one of the post.

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 2:34 AM

Ok mine just posted to FB- but I had to do it from the email I receive, which I have done in over a year, I usually post directly from app after opening it up. So it seems mine is only happening in the app use of the daily verse.

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:30 AM

Whyndell Gizzard:
So it seems mine is only happening in the app use of the daily verse.

That is/was a known problem that I thought Faithlife had worked out with FB ... perhaps it was a wider problem than what they negotiated.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:44 AM

MJ. Smith:

Whyndell Gizzard:
So it seems mine is only happening in the app use of the daily verse.

That is/was a known problem that I thought Faithlife had worked out with FB ... perhaps it was a wider problem than what they negotiated.

Thanks at least I know it was or is a know issue- its still happening so its not fixed as of yet.

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

We changed the URLs we're sharing to Facebook and now the Verse of the Day should not be blocked.

Posts 45
Karl Fritz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 4:37 PM

Same issue just now with sharing a visual copy.

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 4:55 PM

Karl Fritz:

Same issue just now with sharing a visual copy.

What was the URL? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS