Link to Logos 7, Mac, Please!?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 19 2019 9:54 PM

Could someone provide a link to Logos 7 for the Mac, please. I tried the link in the post, "7.19 SR-1 (7.19.0.0037) is Now Available" but it takes me to the Logos 8 Download page. (Of course, it would... Why wouldn't it... Sigh!)

In fact, all of the old Logos 7 links found through Google, ultimately land me on the Logos 8 download page. FAQs say nothing about downloading older versions of the software for older systems. Guess I'm the only Logos customer that needs to do that...

I found the following link, courtesy of Mark Barnes, in another post, but, unfortunately, it leads to the Windows version installer and I need the Mac version:

"You should be able to manually install Logos 7.19 SR-1 from https://downloads.logoscdn.com/LBS7/Installer/7.19.0.0037/LogosSetup.exe"

Inevitably someone will ask, "Why don't you use the Logos 8 engine? It's free and... and... and... etc." The reason is because Logos 8 won't run on the OS version that my older Mac is running... Logos 7 will... Currently that Mac is running Logos 6 and it will no longer connect to the mother ship, so it seems impossible to update to Logos 7 through my currently installed Logos 6 application.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Posts 17963
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2019 4:22 AM

Larry Quinlan:
The reason is because Logos 8 won't run on the OS version that my older Mac is running... Logos 7 will... Currently that Mac is running Logos 6 and it will no longer connect to the mother ship, so it seems impossible to update to Logos 7 through my currently installed Logos 6 application.

What is the OS version on older Mac ?

Thread => Logos Security Update to Impact Logos 6, Logos 5, and Logos 4 Users includes "Currently OS X 10.11 El Capitan is the minimum Mac operating system that can securely connect to Faithlife servers using Logos 7.18 or newer."

Thread => Announcement: Dropping support for Mac OSX 10.10 for Logos 7.14

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS