Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:31 AM

Thank You! This is very nice work. Yes

Jesse 

Posts 184
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:56 AM

Excellent work - thanks for your labour of love for the community!

Just a little FYI - I believe Miscellaneous on P47 (and in the ToC) is incorrectly spelt.

Thanks again.

Posts 71
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:52 PM

Thanks for your comments Floyd, Jesse, and James.

Good catch James; my sMelling Checker isn't catching the headers. Fixed it (but didn't upload a new version of the manual for such a minor edit).

Floyd, I struggled with this question; I couldn't decide. BUT, because of your comment I went ahead and changed the cover on the post with all the download links (I used BUE v2-8w).

MANUAL (LOGOS VERSION) BOOK COVERS

PAISLEY  PAISLEY8  BLUEv1-8b  BLUEv1-8w  BLUEv2-8b  BLUEv2-8w  WHITEv1-8b  WHITEv1-8w  WHITEv2-8b  WHITEv2-8w

Which is your favorite?

Posts 8946
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:07 PM

Great work Scott. Thanks for sharing!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2405
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 5:42 AM

Thanks.   One comment on updating the file: You have Delete old file then add new one.  I always add the new one and then delete the old one.  That way if I get distracted before I add the new file the old file name is still there to remind me what I was doing before I got distracted.  Have recently modified the directory structure of my PBB library and found it useful to have the old file name there when I added the new one.  Then Delete before Build. [[JMHO]]   [The new file gets added as the last file on the list]

Posts 71
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:40 AM

David Ames:
 ... One comment on updating the file: You have Delete old file then add new one ... and found it useful to have the old file name there when I added the new one. Then Delete before Build. 

[SOLVED] PROBLEMS REBUILDING A BOOK WITH THE LOGOS PERSONAL BOOKS TOOL

This has been a tricky stinker for me as well. I've found that I have to do 2 things to ensure that rebuilding a book goes well:
1) Be connected to the internet
2) Close and reopen Logos before rebuilding a Personal Book

Regarding the Renaming of the source files, an alternative method for you David, may be:
1) Rename the old file (e.g. "logos-manual-20190725.docx")
2) Then put the newly downloaded updated version (i.e. logos-manual.docx) in the same directory the past version was in
3) Now, "BUILD BOOK" (you won't need to RIGHT-CLICK DELETE previous versions, nor will you need to "ADD FILE...")

I'll add these steps right into the manual.

Posts 71
Scott David | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2019 10:07 AM

AN UPDATED MANUAL HAS BEEN POSTED

An updated manual has been posted in all three versions (i.e. PDF, WORD, LOGOS). The download links can be found here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057673.aspx#1057673

You can also find 10 different Manual Covers (for the Logos Version) for download here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/182780/1057871.aspx#1057871

Here’s a screenshot of the updates (from the last page of the manual):

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS