Product Unavailable?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 21 2019 10:37 AM

So, I was trying to find Eusebius of Caesaria’s “Ecclesiastical History books 6-10 from the Fathers of the Church series. But I can’t find it on the Logos page, and going through the Fathers of the Church page it shows as $0.00 and tapping on it leads to a link that won’t load (see picture below). Any thoughts about this?

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 26144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 3:57 PM

That is frequently an indication that it cannot be purchased separately but is available through some package or bundle. In this case, it might be worth your while to place a call/online chat with Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 4:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

That is frequently an indication that it cannot be purchased separately but is available through some package or bundle.

Thanks. It’s inconvenient for my current needs, but I eventually plan on completing the set.

Curious that this seems to be the only book in the set that has this restriction.

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 4:08 PM

David Wanat:
Curious that this seems to be the only book in the set that has this restriction.

For that reason my suspicion is that it is a configuration error.

If not, maybe Orthodox Gold would be a worthwhile investment.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 4:13 PM

Jan Krohn:

David Wanat:

For that reason my suspicion is that it is a configuration error.

If not, maybe Orthodox Gold would be a worthwhile investment.

Orthodox does mesh well with Verbum for early Church writings, so not a bad idea.

For me that would be $375 compared to the $255 I’d pay for the Greek Fathers. I guess I’d have to see if the other resources justified the extra cost.

Posts 63
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 21 2019 6:40 PM

David Wanat:

Orthodox does mesh well with Verbum for early Church writings, so not a bad idea.

For me that would be $375 compared to the $255 I’d pay for the Greek Fathers. I guess I’d have to see if the other resources justified the extra cost.

I found the Orthodox 8 packages the most cost-effective way to maximize my Patristic holdings in Verbum. In addition to the CUA Fathers of the Church volumes, the Orthodox Gold library has all five collections of the Popular Patristics (from SVS Press). There are some real gems in those sets.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS