Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
Gabe Orea | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:05 AM

Hi,

I love the Read Aloud feature on my phone. As I go to sleep I'd like to hear 2 or 3 chapters of my ESV or LEB. When I play it, it plays continuously, non-stop. How can I select a range to be played, so it can stop when reaching the end of my selection?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:20 AM

Before I properly read your question I started this answer.

The standard answer would be to go to the 'Clock' function select timer and set the amount of time you want to listen and then go to 'When Timer Ends' and select 'Stop Playing'.

I then realised you would need to know how long your two or three chapters would last.

I then realised that though this works in some applications I have no idea if it works with Logos.

You could give it a try though.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:34 AM

Gabe Orea:
How can I select a range to be played, so it can stop when reaching the end of my selection?

As far as I know, FL apps do not have this feature. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 83
Gabe Orea | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 4:34 AM

Hey Mike,

I just tried it and the Clock function worked! Since my purpose is to fall asleep while hearing Scripture, this works well, no matter if I cannot specify the pericope. Awesome.

Greetings from Taiwan. Thanks!

Gabe.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:36 PM

What "clock function?" 

Posts 3326
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 1:41 PM

On an apple device you go to the clock and then timer. Then you set when timer ends to stop playing. I've used it for other things. Works great

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 6:00 PM

I am looking for an app that will read Logos books. The screen reader in the iphone is not cutting it for me.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2019 6:16 PM

Mattillo:
On an apple device you go to the clock and then timer. Then you set when timer ends to stop playing. I've used it for other things. Works great

Ah. I use the timer every day too. However, the things I am doing most often resume (i.e. Audible, Music, etc.) after the timer is turned off. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS