Saving resources on an USB Thumb Drive

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17876
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:32 PM

Diego Lara:
To avoid any dilemma I will simply transfer the Spanish package to my wife's newly created Logos account and pay the transfer fee. This is why the EULA is silly and not specific enough.

Before paying transfer fee, suggest discussing situation with Faithlife since am anticipating terms being modified for Christian Home school licensing. Faithlife post by Phil Gons about working on a Christian Home based package lineup is now a couple months old (dreaming of Home base packages including bilingual).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1958
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:10 AM

Diego Lara:

To avoid any dilemma I will simply transfer the Spanish package to my wife's newly created Logos account and pay the transfer fee. This is why the EULA is silly and not specific enough. How does a company expect its users to spend $3000 dollars in digital books and then expect the other person (husband or wife) to spend money on the same resources. In my marriage, although one computer may be considered hers or mine, we still share and grab what ever is available at the moment and use it. Imagine having to tell my wife, oh you are not allowed to open that program because only I have a right to use it even though it was purchased with money we both worked for. I mean she is my wife, and Logos should take that into consideration when writing the EULA. 

Now I wont have access to the Spanish resources because unlike everything else in our home, it would be illegal to share Logos with my own wife. 

I wouldn't worry about it until they tell you that you are in violation, which I am confident that they will not.  I don't think the EULA should have ever been brought into this conversation.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 63
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 11:09 AM

Now that I think about it, when I purchased the Spanish package I did tell the agent over the phone that I wanted the Spanish tools and resources for my wife to be able to use it. He didn't say anything about us not being allowed to do that and so I would assume they really are not concerned about that.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS