Heiser Pre-pub, but i already have one of the books

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:02 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/176104/zondervan-brief-insights-on-the-bible

This Pre-pub ships on 8/19, however i already have the volume: 

Brief Insights on Mastering Bible Study

Yet, the pre-pub doesn't show a dynamic price to reflect that. I don't want to pay for the same resource twice. Can someone let me know how to proceed?

John

Posts 2311
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:37 AM

As far as I know, the discount for dynamic pricing is deducted at the time of shipping.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5020
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:45 AM

The issue I see John is this is a Zondervan title and unless their policy has changed they don't support dynamic pricing which is why there is no discount being shown. It is only once a year when Zondervan is on the publisher spotlight sale in recent years they have relented and allowed Dynamic Pricing on those items that are on sale.

This is one I think FL needs to advise on rather than forum members on  what you will actually be charged for when the pre-pub is released.

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 12:19 PM

Zondervan resources offer Dynamic Pricing. I think it's been several months now. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 5020
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 7 2019 2:21 PM

John Kight:

Zondervan resources offer Dynamic Pricing. I think it's been several months now. 

If that is now the case that is great news, but of course does not fix this current issue. I haven’t bothered looking at any Z stuff for a while other than previously because of their previous stance on Dynamic pricing.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:03 AM

John Kaess:
Yet, the pre-pub doesn't show a dynamic price to reflect that. I don't want to pay for the same resource twice. Can someone let me know how to proceed?

Is the owned resource a Faithlife eBook or a Logos edition resource? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2311
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:09 AM

The eBook resources have already been converted to Logos format for those who own them.

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:42 AM

Jan Krohn:

The eBook resources have already been converted to Logos format for those who own them.

Yes

So to confirm, the book was indeed a FLEB title, and has not been offered for sale (yet) as a "Logos Edition" resource. Right? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:49 AM

DIsciple II:

John Kight:

If that is now the case that is great news, but of course does not fix this current issue. I haven’t bothered looking at any Z stuff for a while other than previously because of their previous stance on Dynamic pricing.

I know there was a formal announcement by Faithlife, but I'm unable to find it. That said, below is a screenshot that shows dynamic pricing active as of 2 minutes ago. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1836
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 6:23 AM

JT (alabama24):

Jan Krohn:

Yes

So to confirm, the book was indeed a FLEB title, and has not been offered for sale (yet) as a "Logos Edition" resource. Right? 

Yes, originally FLEB. 

They are on prepub right now as a Logos book.  Scheduled ship date for 8/18/2019.   

The original editions had 100 articles each.   The revamped ones have only 80.   

Posts 2311
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 6:54 AM

Correct. And they were updated to Logos editions earlier this week.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS