Generate a Reading plan with multiple books?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 8 2019 7:48 AM

I want to create a reading plan similar to the M'Cheyne that will auto generate each day that consists of multiple books of different genres. I know I can semi-do this through the drop down that lumps together OT, NT, Torah, Prophets, and even OT+NT+Prov+Psalm.

But I want to customize which books are read together, such as 1 Samuel and Romans. I would even be happy if I could select the M'Cheyne or "The One Year Bible" but begin on day 200 or something like that to move ahead and not begin in Genesis for the 4000th time. 

I cannot figure out how to do this apart from creating a completely custom plan, for which I would have to create each day individually, which is unrealistic when looking beyond a weeks worth of readings. 

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 8:00 AM

Some of the examples listed on this wiki page may give you some ideas. It will still involve creating your own custom plan, but these examples may provide a starting point that you could edit and then create.

https://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

Posts 16
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 8 2019 8:01 AM

AH! I just figured it out. Under "generate a reading plan," you need to type in your books in a certain way.

Separate books in each section by a "-". Such as "1 Sam-Job"

Then you separate that reading from another with "|" 

So your end result will look like: "1 Sam-Job | Matt-Acts | Psalms" 

That would give you a plan in which you would have 3 readings per day, with a selection from Samuel, Matthew, and Psalms. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS