30,000+ new product pages on logos.com

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 41
Chi Shun Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2019 8:29 PM

I don't understand how this was a good idea.

It's actually discouraging me to browse through any searches because of the countless irrelevant results that come up. I really think most logos users don't care much for non-logos products and those that do would have gone to the faithlife site to check those items out. Now we are given countless irrelevant items just to see what logo items are on sale. This is really bothersome and this was not a smart decision unless the desire was to lose sales.

Posts 440
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:59 PM

Hmmm not sure about this move to be honest. 

Would I like to see search results for...

1. Lexham Press results? Yes, please! 
  2. Verbum? Yes, please! 
  3. Faithlife eBooks? I thought I did but now I am not so sure I do. Seeing the Logos store results clogged with fiction and crazy books on dating seriously harms the logos brand. 

Conclusion: Integrate search results from 1&2 keep,3 separate. Or integrate it but have the filter option set to 'off' by default.

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 26546
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 12:06 AM

While I have concerns about how the search works - especially when I enter an exact title and it doesn't appear first and when parens appear to have no effect - I do want the ebooks to be integrated. I rarely think to look there but I've found several useful titles not in Logos that are available as eBooks. Integration is essential.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:05 AM

Adam Cody:
I do hope though, you'll offer discounted upgrades to books that will later maybe get the full "Logos" treatment. 

Better than that. You'll get a free upgrade if an eBook is converted into a Logos edition (assuming it's the same edition from the same publisher).

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:10 AM

Perhaps it would help Faithlife to know what people are searching for when they find lots of irrelevant results. My own experimentation (for fairly specific search terms) gave better results that I expected.

I searched for "cessationism", "gift of prophecy", "agabus" and "evangelicalism", all of which returned highly relevant eBooks and Logos editions.

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:32 AM

Mark Barnes:

Perhaps it would help Faithlife to know what people are searching for when they find lots of irrelevant results. My own experimentation (for fairly specific search terms) gave better results that I expected.

The Logos Home Page has a link to "See All" of the On Sale books at its site.  I click on the See All link.  

After filtering for Unowned and English, I go through 3000 titles (50 pages x 60 titles/per page) and still haven't found a single title that is on sale from the Logos website.  

Try it for yourself.

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 4:56 AM

Robert Neely:
After filtering for Unowned and English, I go through 3000 titles (50 pages x 60 titles/per page) and still haven't found a single title that is on sale from the Logos website.  

It does depend on what you have the "Sort By" field set to

With it set to "Savings" I see similar results to those you describe, with it set to "Relevance" I see a range of Logos titles.

Not claiming this is how it should work....

Posts 10056
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 5:13 AM

Graham Criddle:

Of course that's how it should work. On logos.com, when we have the FBOTM and the +1s, the next savings will be for special sales of 50% (homepage deal, currently Best Commentaries) and regular monthly sales of up to 40%. On ebooks.faithlife.com you will often see savings larger than 90% and lots of those (fiction titles sold for say $15 in print going for 0.99 or 1.99 as ebooks). Thus sorting by savings will naturally crowd out the Logos stuff. Unless we get a filter by edition, that's exactly what is to be expected.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 6:15 AM

if FL intended the On Sale link on their opening page to work this way, so be it.

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 6:19 AM

Chi Shun Cheung:

I don't understand how this was a good idea.

It's actually discouraging me to browse through any searches because of the countless irrelevant results that come up. I really think most logos users don't care much for non-logos products and those that do would have gone to the faithlife site to check those items out. Now we are given countless irrelevant items just to see what logo items are on sale. This is really bothersome and this was not a smart decision unless the desire was to lose sales.

i share your frustration.  

Posts 329
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 6:38 AM

Liam Maguire:

Seeing the Logos store results clogged with fiction and crazy books on dating seriously harms the logos brand.

It does seem that FL Ebooks might be the better place for an Everything search. Logos seems to me just the place for serious Bible books...etc.

Posts 3222
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 7:26 AM

Robert Neely:

if FL intended the On Sale link on their opening page to work this way, so be it.

Once the proposed facets are in place, it should be possible to exclude the ebooks from those results.

Posts 1842
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 8:16 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

There will be an option to filter out results that are displayable but not sellable on logos.com.

Similar to the "ownership" filter:

Would there be some way of identifying in Ownership Status items that are "Unowned but temporarily licensed" - I would prefer to invest in items that I don't have access rather than the resources that are included in my Faithlife Connect subscription. (e.g. Osborne New Testament Commentaries)

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 10056
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 9:04 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

Liam Maguire:

Seeing the Logos store results clogged with fiction and crazy books on dating seriously harms the logos brand.

It does seem that FL Ebooks might be the better place for an Everything search. Logos seems to me just the place for serious Bible books...etc.

Fiction is an issue in sort results (on the former Vyrso store I had two shortcuts, one for all unowned by savings, another for non-fiction ebooks), whereas the one crazy book on dating Denise was able to find may hopefully not harm the Logos brand that much.

However, since the store offering location is primarily dependent on the contract with the publisher, there are lots of "serious bible books" in the eBooks store. Some publishers (Abingdon, B&H Academic) will have loads of stuff there. Especially works from authors that publish with various imprints will often be spread across the stores. There are probably thousands of "serious bible books" in the non-fiction shelves of the eBook store, that's why we saw customers wishing for a cross-store search functionality over and over again in the forums. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 424
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 9:32 AM

Graham Criddle:

Robert Neely:

It does depend on what you have the "Sort By" field set to

With it set to "Savings" I see similar results to those you describe, with it set to "Relevance" I see a range of Logos titles.

i tried the relevance sort and do see Logos titles but no On Sale items. 

the sale pages need to be fixed also since they show a large percentage of “Add to Cart” items that I already own  

Posts 866
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 10:14 AM

Hi All,

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

We have decided to temporarily roll this back until we can have better search faceting/filtering in place.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 21941
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 11:07 AM

We have decided to temporarily roll this back until we can have better search faceting/filtering in place.

Good call Ben - thanks.

Posts 17976
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:19 PM

+1 Yes Thanks plus dreaming of facet/filter for fiction so can easily exclude: Fiction, Juvenile Fiction, Young Adult Fiction, ...

Choosing lots of non-fictional Genre's is an annoying workaround (while being a bit incomplete as more Genre's are added) => https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?sortBy=Savings&limit=60&page=1&filters=Live_Status%2BBiography%3Agenre-biography_Genre%2BBiblical%20Studies%3Agenre-biblicalstudies_Genre%2BBusiness%3Agenre-business_Genre%2BChristian%20Group%3Agenre-christiangroup_Genre%2BChristian%20Living%3Agenre-christianliving_Genre%2BCounseling%20and%20Psychology%3Agenre-counselingandpsychology_Genre%2BEducation%3Agenre-education_Genre%2BFamily%20%26%20Relationships%3Agenre-familyrelationships_Genre%2BHealth%20%26%20Fitness%3Agenre-healthfitness_Genre%2BHistory%3Agenre-history_Genre%2BMinistry%3Agenre-ministry_Genre%2BPersonal%20Growth%3Agenre-personalgrowth_Genre%2BReligion%3Agenre-religion_Genre%2BPolitics%3Agenre-politics_Genre%2Bgenre-reference_Genre%2BSections%20of%20the%20Bible%3Agenre-sectionsofthebible_Genre%2BTheology%3Agenre-theology_Genre%2Bgenre-philosophy_Genre%2Bgenre-socialscience_Genre%2Bgenre-worldreligions_Genre%2Bgenre-cooking_Genre%2Bgenre-literarycriticism_Genre%2Bgenre-science_Genre%2Bgenre-humor_Genre%2Bgenre-poetry_Genre%2Bgenre-bibles_Genre%2Bgenre-businesseconomics_Genre%2Bgenre-politicalscience_Genre%2Bgenre-psychology_Genre%2Bgenre-bodymindspirit_Genre%2Bgenre-music_Genre%2Bgenre-househome_Genre%2Bgenre-selfhelp_Genre%2Bgenre-travel_Genre%2Bgenre-pets_Genre%2Bgenre-sportsrecreation_Genre%2Bgenre-medical_Genre%2Bgenre-faithlifewomen_Genre%2Bgenre-truecrime_Genre%2Bgenre-art_Genre%2Bgenre-law_Genre%2Bgenre-languageartsdisciplines_Genre%2Bgenre-nature_Genre&ownership=unowned

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:30 PM

Like Liam, I Would I like to see search results for...

1. Logos Books. Yes
  2. Verbum? Yes, please! 
  3. Conclusion: Integrate search results from 1&2 keep,  the other FaithlifeEbooks 'off' by default.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:53 PM

Graham Criddle:

Good call Ben - thanks.

I too was hoping that this might happen. I'm sure that, with some more work, it will be much better.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS