Bug: Highlight Corresponding Selection no longer works (8.7 beta 4)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1004
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:54 PM

In 8.7 beta 4, when I select a word or phrase in the NASB, sometimes the Corresponding Selection is not highlighted in the NA28 Greek New Testament. It works the other way -- if I highlight a Greek phrase it is highlighted in the English Bible. Both Bibles have the Corresponding Selection visual filter on.

This is an erratic problem.

In the attached log file, I had a couple of times where it failed to highlight. The first attempt definitely failed to highlight the corresponding selection. In general, it seems not the work the first few attempts, then it will work.

1643.Logos Logos 08-13-19 1347.zip

Posts 1004
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 2:08 PM

A Windows 10 question: Does anyone know why in Windows 10 when I double click on the EnableLogging.js file, the file is opened in my HTML editor? Double click seems to edit the script file rather than run the script. The "Run" command seems to have disappeared on JS files in my Explorer context menu in Windows 10. It used to be that Windows let you specify a different program for Open and Edit, but I cannot find that setting in Choose Default Apps.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 2:11 PM

Harry Hahne:
In 8.7 beta 4, when I select a word or phrase in the NASB, sometimes the Corresponding Selection is not highlighted in the NA28 Greek New Testament.

Specific examples might be instructive. 

Harry Hahne:
Both Bibles have the Corresponding Selection visual filter on.

This isn't just one checkbox, but multiple (a primary and then "subs")

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1004
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 2:28 PM

JT (alabama24):

Here is an example that did not work (from English to Greek).

Here is one that worked from Greek to English.

However, 5 minutes earlier the first example worked. As I said, it is unpredictable.

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 2:57 PM

Harry Hahne:
It used to be that Windows let you specify a different program for Open and Edit, but I cannot find that setting in Choose Default Apps.

What app is shown for .js in the chooser? It should be Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. The context menu on a js file should have Open as default, and not Edit. What happens when you click Open?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1004
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 3:09 PM

Dave Hooton:

Harry Hahne:
It used to be that Windows let you specify a different program for Open and Edit, but I cannot find that setting in Choose Default Apps.

What app is shown for .js in the chooser? It should be Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. The context menu on a js file should have Open as default, and not Edit. What happens when you click Open?

The options are:

• Open
  • Edit
  • Open with Command Prompt
  • Edit with Dreamweaver

When I choose Open, it acts more like "Edit".because it opens the file in Dreamweaver.

When I choose Open With, I expected to find Windows Script Host, but it is not listed as an option, even under More Apps.

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 3:22 PM

Harry Hahne:

This is a bug. I can reproduce from ESV to NA28, whilst the reverse NA28 to ESV is inconsistent.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2019 4:09 PM

Harry Hahne:

The options are:

• Open
  • Edit
  • Open with Command Prompt
  • Edit with Dreamweaver

Have a look at Dreamweaver options as you might have let it assume rights for JS files.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2562
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 1:20 PM

Harry Hahne:

JT (alabama24):

Here is one that worked from Greek to English.

However, 5 minutes earlier the first example worked. As I said, it is unpredictable.

Harry,

Can you still reproduce this? I wasn't able to reproduce this on 8.7 RC 1.

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 11:49 PM

Philana

Corr Selection does not work in NA28 from ESV "let him hear" Mt 13:9. It works in SBLGNT, though. And works in reverse (from last Gk word in NA28/SBLGNT).   "prophecy of Isaiah" Mt 13:14 does not work in SBLGNT/NA28 (it works on "prophecy"). But it's inconsistent, and worked on the next iteration of SBLGNT/NA28.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1004
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 1:04 PM

Dave Hooton:

Selection does not work in NA28 from ESV "let him hear" Mt 13:9.

I can confirm the problem with this phrase in Matt 13:9 using version 8.7 RC1.

Dave Hooton:
  "prophecy of Isaiah" Mt 13:14 does not work in SBLGNT/NA28 (it works on "prophecy")

This worked for me. But, as you say, this feature is inconsistent.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS