"No updates Available" message is not with other messages

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1019
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 14 2019 4:30 PM

When I run the "update now" command the location of the "No updates Available" message is in the lower right corner, rather than with the other messages on the Toolbar (under the blue number). This is where all update messages used to appear, until they were moved to the Toolbar. It is a small matter, but perhaps the message location should be more consistent with the location of all other messages related to updating.

Posts 2646
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 15 2019 9:25 AM

Harry Hahne:

When I run the "update now" command the location of the "No updates Available" message is in the lower right corner, rather than with the other messages on the Toolbar (under the blue number). This is where all update messages used to appear, until they were moved to the Toolbar. It is a small matter, but perhaps the message location should be more consistent with the location of all other messages related to updating.

This is not new behavior, that message has been in the lower right corner since Logos 7.

Posts 1019
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:24 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
This is not new behavior, that message has been in the lower right corner since Logos 7.

I absolutely understand that. It is a holdover from the days when all update messages were in that location. I was just suggesting that the message be moved to the other messages related to updating for consistency.

Posts 3222
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 6:32 PM

Harry Hahne:
I was just suggesting that the message be moved to the other messages related to updating for consistency.

While I agree that it's "out of place," I'd rather have the "no updates available" message disappear on its own, rather than having to delete that message from the drop-down.

Notifications should probably be reserved for updates that actually took place, not updates that didn't happen.

Posts 1019
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 6:35 PM

PetahChristian:
While I agree that it's "out of place," I'd rather have the "no updates available" message disappear on its own, rather than having to delete that message from the drop-down.

I agree it should disappear on its own.. You still have to delete it -- just from a different location. It is probably only an issue for people that use the "Update Now" command rather than automatic updates.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS