Why is the price the same?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 16 2019 8:49 AM

Why is the price the same for the full version and the abridged version of Tremper Longman’s Introduction to the Old Testament?

They’re both $39.99.  Shouldn’t the short version be cheaper?

1.  Short intro:  https://www.logos.com/product/50391/introducing-the-old-testament-a-short-guide-to-its-history-and-message

2.  Long intro:  https://www.logos.com/product/9673/an-introduction-to-the-old-testament

DAL

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:10 AM

DAL:

On the contrary DAL somebody had to be employed to read the long version through and excise the bits that were superfluous.

I suppose that in theory somebody might have been employed to add superfluous bits but think that is less likely.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:19 AM

Mike Binks:

DAL:

On the contrary DAL somebody had to be employed to read the long version through and excise the bits that were superfluous.

I suppose that in theory somebody might have been employed to add superfluous bits but think that is less likely.

If that was the case, then the same would apply to the counterpart version of the NT by Carson and Moo.  Except the short version of the NT which follows the same format of the short version of the OT is $13.99 and the full version is $39.99

So maybe, it’s a mistake and the price should be lowered or vice versa?

DAL

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:19 AM

At my second favourite Bible software company, the short version is just under half the price of the long version.

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:27 AM

I've had the short version in my wishlist for sometime. I already have the long version. But, I was planning on using the short version for a Sunday School course. That said, it use to be $13.99. The price jumped a couple months back. It's seems to be an error that no one has brought to the attention of Faithlife. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:39 AM

John Kight:

I've had the short version in my wishlist for sometime. I already have the long version. But, I was planning on using the short version for a Sunday School course. That said, it use to be $13.99. The price jumped a couple months back. It's seems to be an error that no one has brought to the attention of Faithlife. 

I want to buy the OT short version for $13.99 👍😁👌

Posts 1221
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 10:28 AM

Mike Binks:

I have read some books where they employed that fellow. He did his job well :) 

Posts 2312
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 16 2019 11:32 AM

DAL:

If that was the case, then the same would apply to the counterpart version of the NT by Carson and Moo.  Except the short version of the NT which follows the same format of the short version of the OT is $13.99 and the full version is $39.99

And the same would apply to the six chicken nuggets meal and the nine chicken nuggets meal, since someone has to be employed to eat the three superfluous chicken nuggets... oh, wait, doesn't work like that... Stick out tongue

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS