8.7 (8.7.0.0039) is now available

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 20 2019 11:22 AM

The Logos Bible Software desktop application version 8.7 is now available to all users.

To immediately update to the current stable version, enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Notable New Features

Context Menu

The Context Menu in resources has new styling, and is now laid out left-to-right. You can find out more information from the Release Notes and this Blog Post.

Resource Text Selection Menu

This new feature provides quick access to commonly used commands and tools. 

Update: We are aware of the issue with the Resource Text Selection Menu not showing up. We are working on a fix and will be shipping and SR as soon as possible.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 323
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:07 PM

Just curious. Is there an ETA for the new context menu to be launched in the web app?

Posts 328
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:09 PM

Just Updated and enjoy the new menu. But, the "Show Selection Menu" option is not available in Program Settings.

Posts 126
John Marino | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:21 PM

PJ:
But, the "Show Selection Menu" option is not available in Program Settings.

Same for me. Running macOS 10.14.6. Logos 8.7.0.0039.

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:22 PM

PJ:

Just Updated and enjoy the new menu. But, the "Show Selection Menu" option is not available in Program Settings.

Hi PJ,

We are aware of the issue. I'm looking into it.

Posts 328
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:26 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Thanks,

just to let others know, the "Set Show Selection Menu to Yes" command won't work either.

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 12:56 PM

Morris Proctor is doing a free webinar on the new features in L8.7.

https://events.genndi.com/register/818720503324740363/f11e5b3a7d

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 3:04 PM

Is it possible to turn it on from the command menu? I've tried "Set Show Selection Menu to yes" but that doesn't work.

Posts 86
Chris Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 3:07 PM

Love what this update brings! One issue I am having is that whenever I bring up the context menu, there is no hover over feature for items in the main, left column that are too long & don't fit within the allotted space. Case in point, when right clicking on a word in my NA 28, I have four options that all read "Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament..." with, seemingly, no discernible way to differentiate them within the menu. 

Posts 351
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 3:10 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

PJ:

Hi PJ,

Sorry for the delay on the Selection Menu, folks. We overlooked a small but important detail to turn it on for all users. We are working on a fix, and we'll put out a service release ASAP. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 3:53 PM

I love this new update - especially the changes to the right click context menu. Kudos to the Faithlife team! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 4:17 PM

So can I jump to a morphology chart directly from the context menu now? Or do I still have to open a Bible Word Study guide first? (Just wondering since I haven't installed the update yet.)

Posts 73
John Sheeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 5:52 PM

Just did the updates but now every time I try to open a passage study layout my entire program shuts down. Running MacBook Air (2018)

Posts 351
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 6:13 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
Sorry for the delay on the Selection Menu, folks. We overlooked a small but important detail to turn it on for all users. We are working on a fix, and we'll put out a service release ASAP. 

8.7 SR-1 has been shipped, to turn on the Selection Menu for all users. Thanks for your patience!

Posts 351
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 6:17 PM

John Sheeley:

Just did the updates but now every time I try to open a passage study layout my entire program shuts down. Running MacBook Air (2018)

John, this is unexpected and a bit concerning. Would you please collect logs and share them here?

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027869132-How-to-Enable-and-Submit-Log-Files

Please attach your logs to your forum post using the paper clip icon.  

Posts 73
John Sheeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 6:23 PM

Done

Posts 2577
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 6:31 PM

John,

We need you to post your logs by using the paperclip icon in the editor so we can download and take a look.

Posts 73
John Sheeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 6:35 PM

Sorry, misunderstood. Just posted two logs.

Posts 44
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 7:46 PM

I'm having similar problem using 8.7. I'm running windows t0.

Whenever I try to use a workflow the program shuts down

6403.Logos.zip

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS