8.7 (8.7.0.0039) is now available

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1224
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 8:23 PM

William Norman:

I'm having similar problem using 8.7. I'm running windows t0.

Whenever I try to use a workflow the program shuts down

6403.Logos.zip

I canceled my download of the SR, is this problem widespread? 

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2019 10:24 PM

The crash appears to be caused by combining multiple search filters, e.g., searching within a particular highlighting style and also searching within a passage range. 

This can happen from running a Bible Search (with those options), but it can also happen in the background when Visual Filter documents are evaluated; this may be triggered by opening a resource. 

We will ship an update as soon as possible tomorrow to resolve this issue.

Posts 1099
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 5:29 AM

I also wanted to say thank you for this update. I love how the Logos team is always forward thinking, seeking out ways, such as found in this update, to make the Logos ecosystem more efficient and productive. I think you'll see even more widespread praise for this update as it makes it way to users.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 20
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:25 AM

Don't know why, but my instance of Logos is not finding the new update. I'm stuck on 8.6.0.0052. I'm on a mid-2013 MBA running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:33 AM

Bobby Bosler:

Don't know why, but my instance of Logos is not finding the new update. I'm stuck on 8.6.0.0052. I'm on a mid-2013 MBA running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

I was just about to post the same. I'm stuck on 8.6.0.0052 too on Win10, 1903

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3222
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:36 AM

8.7 was pulled due to a bug that crashes the app. A new update will be available as soon as possible.

Posts 329
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 7:46 AM

Myke Harbuck:

I also wanted to say thank you for this update. I love how the Logos team is always forward thinking, seeking out ways, such as found in this update, to make the Logos ecosystem more efficient and productive. I think you'll see even more widespread praise for this update as it makes it way to users.

👍👍👍

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 8:03 AM

PetahChristian:

8.7 was pulled due to a bug that crashes the app. A new update will be available as soon as possible.

I just installed it manually, using the link in the first post. Now, I have 8.7.0.0041 Smile

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2646
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:49 PM

John Sheeley:

Just did the updates but now every time I try to open a passage study layout my entire program shuts down. Running MacBook Air (2018)

This has been fixed in 8.7 SR-2.

Posts 258
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 10:24 PM

Thank you Faithlife for a fantastic update that simplifies some of my workflow. Having highlighting instantly available without having to have an extra pane open is fantastic. Even better is the ability to instantly add highlighted verses to a passage list without having to first go open the passage list. This is an update that was clearly focused on core usability and it shows. Well done!

Posts 1099
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 6:44 AM

Andrew Biddinger:

Just curious. Is there an ETA for the new context menu to be launched in the web app?

FL replied to me in the web app forum about another topic and advised that they were getting ready to pick up the web app project again, but that the first projects will be under the hood updates. As such, I wouldn't think we'd see the new context menu in the web app for quite some time.

I am very excited about the prospects of the web app, and can't wait until there's better parity between the web app and desktop. It may be a while, but I am confident that it will be well worth the wait. Logos reminds me a lot of Apple in terms of their development of updates / new features. It usually takes them a while to pull things together, but when they finally release its a wonderful product that was well worth the wait.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 8:06 AM

Never mind. Reading the forms on my phone :-)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2646
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:27 AM

danwdoo:

Thank you Faithlife for a fantastic update that simplifies some of my workflow. Having highlighting instantly available without having to have an extra pane open is fantastic. Even better is the ability to instantly add highlighted verses to a passage list without having to first go open the passage list. This is an update that was clearly focused on core usability and it shows. Well done!

We're delighted you find it useful.

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 1:27 PM

Hello

i see the switch in the program settings and have made sure it is set to yes, but I still cannot see the selection  menu....Help!

Paul

Paul

Posts 103
J. Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 1:54 PM

Really cool update :)

I see that a right a click selects the whole verse at first, and then if one switches to selection in the popup menu, that becomes the default from then on. Kind'a cool Cool

Posts 2646
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 2:00 PM

Paul:

Hello

i see the switch in the program settings and have made sure it is set to yes, but I still cannot see the selection  menu....Help!

Paul

Paul,

What version of the app are your running? Also if you open Program Settings, just to make sure if you scroll down to the Text Display section, the second item from the bottom says "Show Selection Menu" and it's set to yes correct?

What OS are you running?

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 2:15 PM

Paul:

Hello

I'm having the same problem.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2646
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 2:17 PM

Doc B:

Paul:

Hello

I'm having the same problem.

So if you select text, nothing shows up?

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 2:19 PM

Philana R. Crouch:
So if you select text, nothing shows up?

The new right-click context menu shows up. It seems like a big upgrade. 

But I can't seem to figure out how to show the selection menu. (Just watched Moe Proctor's webinar, BTW.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2019 2:21 PM

I don't know what button you pushed, Philana, but it just started working!

Maybe a time lag between download and operational?  (The download completed about half an hour ago.)

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS