Logos World Cup fans

Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 396
Fernando A Gonzalez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:41 AM

My resources may not be complete, but this is what I get in a search for "World Cup" in Logos4.

If I search in Spanish "Copa Mundial", I get 4 more hits!

...but it won't tell me which team will win in 2010...Hmm

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:34 AM

... a blow for Germany! They will still qualify but perhaps a dampener on those who got over-excited after the first game.

Argentina? Good game but shaky in D. One also wonders how they would do against a more solidly organized team than South Korea was.

France... yuck!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:50 AM

USA tied Slovinia in 2nd half after scoring 2 goals.   Interesting. 

Posts 347
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 11:48 AM

Tomorrow we'll see what the Dutch team will do with the Japanese...

Luuk

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 1:05 PM

Luuk Dondorp:

Good luck, mazel tov, etc. Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 1:44 PM

Luuk Dondorp:

When I was in Grand Rapids I would see a number of trucks from the Holland Motor Express with a picture of a Dutchman on the side with foot extended (wearing klompen).   The motto was "You just can't beat the Big Dutch Fleet."  Due to perspective the foot was exceedingly large so I changed it to "You just can't beat the Big Dutch Feet."  So, good luck to the big Dutch feet.  I don't know why I say that since I can't stand soccer ever since I played it for one week in physical education and almost got killed though I played football on both sides of the ball in every game and never got a scratch.  Don't take my remark as disparaging the Dutch.  They're good people.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 26369
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 7:29 PM

Francis:

... a blow for Germany! They will still qualify but perhaps a dampener on those who got over-excited after the first game.

Argentina? Good game but shaky in D. One also wonders how they would do against a more solidly organized team than South Korea was.

France... yuck!

Just what is happening? England can't get a win when it should (and may not qualify), Germany look hapless. Spain, France, Italy ...

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:00 AM

England just seem to under perform in all world cups.  This year's effort is really surprising me.  I expected more of them.  Group C is still pretty wide open.  Even Algeria could advance!

Germany were not bad.  But being a man down made it that much harder.  And that ref was atrocious.  Germany will still advance.  And I think they could still win it.  I have had my eye on them and the Dutch.  And as always, I root for the Yanks!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 31293
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:46 AM

If we get March Madness, where is our World Cup Insanity discount program?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:03 PM

MJ. Smith:

I was wondering that too.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 2:29 PM

MJ. Smith:

If you like soccer then you're already mad so there is no discount.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 3:12 PM

Matthew C Jones:

MJ. Smith:

I was wondering that too.

the success of the Seattle Sounders MLS team not-with-standing, soccer has apparently not made it as far as Bellingham . . .

Posts 31293
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:14 PM

George Somsel:
If you like soccer then you're already mad so there is no discount.

Come on ... it's the only professional sports event I've attended voluntarily. The others were all take-a-foster-son events. Oops, I may not be a counter-example.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:13 PM

I saw one upset fan on the TV News saying something like:

"We've all spent thousands of Pounds to be here ... @#$%# ... Team ... %###$ ... waste of money ... %$$$#$! useless ..." and it went on like that for a while.

I was thinking how nice it was to be able to enjoy watching sports at times, yet not really care about the outcomes.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:05 PM

Wonders if Athletes In Action has come up with a full blown theology of sport (sporteology)? Perhaps the Word Cup gives expression to the mandate to rule over the earth?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:16 PM

Word Cup eh?  I wonder....

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:53 PM

Francis:

Wonders if Athletes In Action has come up with a full blown theology of sport (sporteology)? Perhaps the Word Cup gives expression to the mandate to rule over the earth?

The Complete Book of Everyday Christianity (Robert Banks and R. Paul Stevens) has a whole article on (the theology and spirituality of) sports (pp. 953-961). Unfortunately it's not available in Logos format, but you can read almost the entire article (minus one page) on the preview at said site which I linked to if you search for sports and start with the hit at p. 953.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:26 AM

Alex Scott:

Word Cup eh?  I wonder....

I like that!  Of course, then I have to start messing with it: Logos Cup, World Logos Cup, Logos World Cup

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 3:20 PM

Looking compromised though still possible for the Ivory Coast. Numerous commentaries are available on the French team situation (though not in Logos of course). The consensus interpretation held by most scholars is that unable to produce entertainment on the pitch, they decided to produce off the field.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:53 AM

Props to all the UK and USA fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a heart stopper for the US!

Page 2 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS