Logos World Cup fans

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 75 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:30 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Props to all the UK and USA fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a heart stopper for the US!

As an England fan, congratulations to the USA for making it to the last 16 (despite having another goal unjustly disallowed!)...

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:04 PM

Andy Evans:

Dan DeVilder:

Props to all the UK and USA fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a heart stopper for the US!

As an England fan, congratulations to the USA for making it to the last 16 (despite having another goal unjustly disallowed!)...

i give a hearty congratulations to England for not imploding as Les Bleus did.   And as we speak, Australia are very nearly qualified . . . unbelievable!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:14 PM

Dan DeVilder:

i give a hearty congratulations to England for not imploding as Les Bleus did.   And as we speak, Australia are very nearly qualified . . . unbelievable!

I fear you have spoken to soon... It is now 2-1... Crying

The Australians can, perhaps, console themselves that although they may be going home, they will not be travelling second class (as per France...Wink)...

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:54 PM

Andy Evans:

Dan DeVilder:

I fear you have spoken to soon... It is now 2-1... Crying

The Australians can, perhaps, console themselves that although they may be going home, they will not be travelling second class (as per France...Wink)...

I am not sure who is "worse" to meet with at this point: Ghana or Germany.  I think I still am glad we (US) are playing Ghana.  And this sets up a good couple of matches: the historic England v. Germany rivalry, and some unfinished business the US have with Ghana, leftover from '06.  Big SmileBeer

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:00 PM

England vs. Germany.... I have an ominous feeling...

Both should be good matches and I hope we meet each other again later in the competition... Perhaps and England vs. USA final (not likely, I know)!

I think Ghana will give you a really good match... Muntari is a good player...

Posts 31976
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:05 PM

Someone want to do some web surfing for me? I want to know the names of the entire field for this World Cup http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/17740.htm (be sure to check the link out before answering). I want to nominate them all for Logos ... which brings this thread in line with the forum guidelines. But continue on with the other world cup speculation.Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:57 PM

Andy Evans:
England vs. Germany.... I have an ominous feeling...

"since we have such a hope, we are very BOLD 2 Cor 3.12 

Come On ENGERRRRRRRRRRLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:54 PM

MJ. Smith:
I want to know the names of the entire field for this World Cup

I did a little searching and didn't find much, other than that write up!  But I'd like several of those guys in the Logos line-up, and several of them are!  That was a pretty funny write up and idea.

I still think Logos could--should--will (!!!! Wink) think about a Logos Cup!  Maybe they can make a knock out round get up.  It starts this weekend, so they have time!

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:19 PM

Andy Evans:
The Australians can, perhaps, console themselves that although they may be going home, they will not be travelling second class

Yup. We gained some respectability but that 4-0 defeat was too much.  England (my birth place) qualified but need to be more convincing in front of goal (although other nations have shown similar or worse goal fright!). The South American teams are going to dominate, though.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:32 PM

It's amazing to see how many opportunities to score there are that lead to naught. I wished Ghana had actually won the game against Germany, but the strike was very nice and they are through anyway.

France won the Word Cup Wink

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:55 AM

. . . the War of the Words Cup.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:57 AM

Francis wins THE Word's cup!  I have a Logos book on "5 views on the Lord's Supper."

Sorry . . . MJ had made me a little sensitive about making sure I say something about Logos!

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 6:36 AM

Well, I must recognize that the US team was valiant, but am happy for Africa that Ghana won. Ghana is also the better team.

It really is too bad that African teams did not do so well in the first round. They deserved better, having strong quality. But what this World Cup shows and what proved to be the demise of France and Italy is what it took a few years for the US to learn in Basketball: the field is evening, there are no team one can take for granted anymore.

I think that the only team that I have watched and thought were notably inferior in skill was North Korea (and perhaps Greece).

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 5:30 AM

Francis:
I think that the only team that I have watched and thought were notably inferior in skill was North Korea (and perhaps Greece).

Sad to say I have to add England to that list, but mainly the "defenders".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 6:30 AM

Francis:
Ghana is also the better team.

Not sure about that . . . but they won.  The US were not better for much of the game, but that had to do with who/how they played, rather than Ghana being superior in general.  Ghana were back on their heels in the 2nd half, but the US couldn't capitalize.  That said, i am behind Ghana and Germany now.  :)

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 7:24 PM

Argentina - Germany, ???

Brazil - Netherlands ???

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:58 AM

I think Argentina should handle Germany OK.  I'm still picking Brazil to win it all, but they'll need to shut down the Netherlands defensively to do it.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:17 AM

I have picked Brazil to go the distance, but am under no illusions that any thing can happen.  Spain are the most fun to watch, but historically are chokers.

Germany has what it takes to beat Argentina.  Their creative and aggressive style is refreshing.  I love this revolution taking place in German soccer that started under Klinsmann.  Being young, however, it will be interesting to see how they respond.  I still can't believe the "night and day" change of Argentina from qualifying.

I will put this all on my Logos prayer guide.  Angel  (keeping this thread in guidelines, lol)

Posts 26537
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 4 2010 8:10 PM

Dan DeVilder:
I have picked Brazil to go the distance, but am under no illusions that any thing can happen.

Neither of us thought this would happen - only 1 South American team vs 3 European remain. What a boil over. Now I have to predict a Germany  v. Netherlands final.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 6:05 AM

Dave Hooton:
Neither of us thought this would happen - only 1 South American team vs 3 European remain.

unbelievable .  .  . and yet not so.  Strange things are always possible.  But that Uruguay is the lone S. Am. survivor, wow!  I am with your Finals prediction.  But how wild would a Holland/Spain final be?  The two "superpowers" that never could be quite "super" enough to win a final.

Page 3 of 4 (76 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS