A22 Search > Bible > Analysis - It's still empty for me

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 14 2010 4:45 PM

Release notes say:  Search > Analysis View now has Column Auto-sizing, Column Re-sizing, etc.

So I went to search > Bible > analysis and ran a search.  I get an empty screen.  Maybe I'm on the wrong search?  Maybe it doesn't work for Greek word searches?  The other 3 views (Grid, Verses, Aligned) work fine.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 4:57 PM

I have not worked much with this tool, so this is just a guess, but could the problem be that you are searching an English text for a Greek word?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

We're fixing this and we'll post an update in the release notes when it's fixed.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:35 PM

There it is... I guess it should work in Analysis view Yes

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:49 PM

After some analysis searches displayed nothing, tried context menu Morph Search:

However, changing A22 Search from Morph to Bible does not display individual Analysis results:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:43 PM

Joe Miller:
could the problem be that you are searching an English text for a Greek word?

When I'm doing a word study, one of the things I want to know is where else in this book the author uses this same word.  And where in other books by the same author is the word used.  And finally where else in the same testament is the word used.  Libronix/Logos doesn't really have a search like that, AFAIK.

In Libronix 3 the closest I could find to this was the Englishman's concordance search.  The search was based upon the original language, but returned results in English.

In Logos 4 the closest I have found is right clicking a word in the ESV, selecting Lemma, and then search this resource.  

Is there a better way to search what I want?  Is there a customizable way to return results in the order I describe above?

Posts 157
James Garriss | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 3:55 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
After some analysis searches displayed nothing, tried context menu Morph Search:

Good idea.  But even that is empty for me.  I went to ESV, Ep 4:21.  Right-clicked truth, selected Lemma > Morph Search for altheia.  Analysis view is empty, Verses and Aligned look good.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:14 PM

Appears 22.1 Bible Analysis Search shows results - did need to resize Resource column width (defaulted to tab width):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 16 2010 8:30 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Appears 22.1 Bible Analysis Search shows results - did need to resize Resource column width (defaulted to tab width):

That bug will be fixed in the next release.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS