Adding a note from context menu opens up a new panel every time

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 268
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 23 2019 3:34 PM

Studying 2 Corinthians 1:2 from any translation I add a note to 'Notebook X,' anchored to that reference. Moving to the next verse I want to add another note to the same 'Notebook X' through the context menu.

The result is that a new panel opens, every time I want to add a note even to the same 'Notebook X.' After having added notes to multiple verses in the passage I end up with as many open 'Notebook X' panels.

Will this be fixed in a next upgrade, in such a way that Logos will turn me to the already open 'Notebook X' to add a note?

Posts 774
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 7:59 PM

Michel Pauw:

Studying 2 Corinthians 1:2 from any translation I add a note to 'Notebook X,' anchored to that reference. Moving to the next verse I want to add another note to the same 'Notebook X' through the context menu.

The result is that a new panel opens, every time I want to add a note even to the same 'Notebook X.' After having added notes to multiple verses in the passage I end up with as many open 'Notebook X' panels.

That's what I thought too, until I noticed the little dropdown icon to the right of "take a note."  Click it to see all open Notebooks.

Then all the open Notebooks appear, and the new Note can be added to your choice.

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:32 PM

Michel Pauw:

Jack is right but I just wanted to check something.

I thought that if you didn’t specify a notebook as he suggests the note was added - in a new instance of the Notes Tool - but not placed within a notebook. Are you seeing something different?

Posts 268
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:47 AM

I might have expressed myself not clearly enough. I was referring to the following situation:

• open e.g. the NIV
  • open Notebook X

Okay, note that you have Notebook X already open.

1. Now right-click on a verse in the open NIV;
  2. Expand the 'Take a Note' if that's not expanded yet;
  3. Click 'Notebook X'

What I would expect, is that the already open (!) Notebook X becomes active. However, instead, another copy of Notebook X is opened. This is not intuitive to me, so I asked if this could be fixed.

Now, I also realized, that I wasn't completely correct in my OP, because if I go to another verse and do the same steps, then Logos takes me not again to another copy of Notebook X, but to the second copy of Notebook X. I would like this behavior to happen in the first place. 

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 10:06 AM

Michel Pauw:
What I would expect, is that the already open (!) Notebook X becomes active. However, instead, another copy of Notebook X is opened

Do you mean another copy of the notebook in another instance of the Notes Tool?

If so, I can't reproduce this.

What platform are you running on - Windows or Mac?

Posts 774
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 10:14 AM

Another copy of the same Notebook opens for me too. After that, newly-added Notes go into the second copy.

Irritating. [shrug]

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 10:47 AM

Graham Criddle:

Michel Pauw:
What I would expect, is that the already open (!) Notebook X becomes active. However, instead, another copy of Notebook X is opened

Do you mean another copy of the notebook in another instance of the Notes Tool?

If so, I can't reproduce this.

What platform are you running on - Windows or Mac?

Apologies - I've just reproduced it!

It doesn't seem totally consistent but I think it's a bug.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS