VIEWING ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS IN A BOOK

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 24 2019 2:04 PM

Can someone please tell me how to view all the highlights in a book.  Thank you.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 2:20 PM

Thomas Myers:
Can someone please tell me how to view all the highlights in a book

Open the resource sidebar and select the "Notes and Highlights" pane

Then click "Highlights"

and it should give you something like this

There are other options - like searching for highlights using an Inline Search - but this is probably the easist and most flexible option.

Does this give you what you need?

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 2:33 PM

Yes, thank you very much.

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 2:52 PM

Oh no, I'm sorry, it did not help.  I do get a list of the books of the Bible, but no Notes or Highlights. 

I have Siftward 8.7.0042      Maybe I am missing something or not understanding.

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:24 PM

Please post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon in the forum editor) showing what you are seeing 

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2019 3:24 PM

Thomas Myers:
Maybe I am missing something or not understanding.

Are you sure you clicked on the correct 'tab' at the top of the resource pane? You want to select the right-most 'tab' which will open notes and highlights:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 304
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 3:57 AM

Thomas Myers:

Oh no, I'm sorry, it did not help.  I do get a list of the books of the Bible, but no Notes or Highlights. 

I have Siftward 8.7.0042      Maybe I am missing something or not understanding.

If you haven't bought a Logos 8 Feature Set (or only Basic/Starter) you won't see that. You have to do it the "old" way: run a search for 

{Highlight *} 

See https://wiki.logos.com/finding_highlighted_text

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2019 4:24 AM

Bernhard:

If you haven't bought a Logos 8 Feature Set (or only Basic/Starter) you won't see that. You have to do it the "old" way: run a search for 

{Highlight *} 

Alternatively, use the sidebar in the Notes tool; where you can filter by Type (select Highlights) and then Resource (select the resource).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2019 1:10 PM

Thank you for each your reply's to my question as to why I could not longer view my highlights. Here is what happened.  I cancelled my subscription to Faithlife Connect at the same time the update occurred for searching.  When I cancelled Faithlife Connect it canceled my access highlights.  Lesson learned.  If you cancel Faithlift Connect you may loss access to certain programs.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS