Morris Proctor

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:56 AM
I don't have them Michael but I guess the real problem will be that of the 'Curates Egg'.
Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 8:07 AM

I'm the not "perfect" person to respond, but, from what I have seen from people is, yes. But at the same time, they are obviously different, so you would probably want to invest in a smaller training for the new things in L8. 
John Fallahee has a special right now for L8 training, new features only, download for as low as $25, if you are a VIP member, and $30 if you are not. And, for an additional $12 ($37 for both usb and d/l) for members or $42 for non-members. 
https://www.learnlogos.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2010

That may be a good way to get the best of everything

Michael S.:

I purchased the 2 volumes of Camp Logos discs after L6.  Can anyone answer me if these are still relevant for L8?

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 10:01 AM

If you go to Morris Proctor website, at the very bottom of his website you will find:  

Contact

Click to Contact Support

I'm surprised you could not locate it.  Morris has excellent training.  It is very profitable. You where charged for the 

second month, not the first month.   

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:18 PM

Mike Binks:
I don't have them Michael but I guess the real problem will be that of the 'Curates Egg'.

I always love learning new lingo from you Mike. Smile

I assume you mean "Curates Egg" in the more modern sense

The old videos will increasingly be less useful as things change. Videos for L6 will be more useful than videos for L4, as an example. Each new version both introduces new features, while also updating and (hopefully) improving some of the old features. 

In my opinion, the changes to the right click menu will make much of the older videos considerably less useful. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:35 PM

Thomas Myers:
I'm surprised you could not locate it.

If you go back and read Tes' first and fourth posts, he notes that he has tried the web form with no response.

I was seriously considering subscribing to MP Seminars but want a responsive customer service in case there are problems. I've had problems with other web sites similar to Tes' situation and I've become very weary.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 1:16 PM

Michael S.:
Can anyone answer me if these are still relevant for L8?

I also have those resources.

First: There are parts of L7 and L8 that have NOT "re-modeled" any of the items in L6,

These are definitely helpful.

[ALSO: Sometimes while struggling to learn the "newer stuff" I have found it helpful to compare the later changes to how it "used" to be done in L6]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 459
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:17 PM

Doc B:

Here's the logos version, Doc:  Biblical Greek Made Simple

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 5:16 PM

Wow, and I thought I had problems. 
I do. 
But, I did not face the issue you did. I actually signed up for the one free month, and was charged $0.00 (unless something changed since this morning). It then says that my renewal date will be Sep. 30th. So, I am wondering if you typed in the code correctly? 
Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons I hate companies. They don't want to talk to us. They sure do want to take our money, though. 
I hope you get it straightened out; and personally, I am hoping I get the training I need to learn this stuff, within a month (free one) or, even one paid month. After all, a workman IS worth their hire; but, that does not mean they need to be gouging me, or anyone else. 

Editing to add: By any chance have you already received a free month? Companies generally dont allow for more than one free month within 12 months. 

Tes:

Is there any body who has contact with him? There is no telephone and the Webseite knows only charging money . I put a code for free training for one month which has been given to me by Logos salesman .    I subscribed, but I was charged 19 USD.Not only that I couldn’t open the video as well. I have written on the contact form About it and as usual no response. I have called to Logos the answer is he is not part of our department. I am really surprised some one who wants to earn money and has no telephone number. I hope some one will help me at least  to get my refund.

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 5:18 PM

Thanks, Brad, but, I think I'll stick with the videos. Cheaper, and I hate reading. lol. But, Doc may be interested, as others may too. 

Brad:

Doc B:

Here's the logos version, Doc:  Biblical Greek Made Simple

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2019 5:25 PM

Rick, Totally agree with that idea. I hate when companies want our money, but dont want to talk to us. 
I did happen to go for it, this morning. Everything went through fine. Before submitting and confirming, make sure you get the discount, and renewal date is right. If not, obviously dont submit, and if it is, go for it. First month is free, I paid $0.

I am now wondering if Tes had previously had a free month. That could be a reason there was a charge, I just thought of. Shrug

Rick:

Thomas Myers:
I'm surprised you could not locate it.

If you go back and read Tes' first and fourth posts, he notes that he has tried the web form with no response.

I was seriously considering subscribing to MP Seminars but want a responsive customer service in case there are problems. I've had problems with other web sites similar to Tes' situation and I've become very weary.

Posts 240
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:30 AM

I subscribed to MP Seminars. After a couple of weeks I had a problem with my password not being recognised.

i contacted them through the website and had a speedy response (can’t remember how long now, but definitely within a few hours). The matter was speedily resolved and I am extremely happy with both content and service.

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:24 AM

JT (alabama24):
I assume you mean "Curates Egg" in the more modern sense

Indeed, none of us like to be obscure or archaic in our forms of expression.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:20 AM

Through a mediation of Faitlife by sending e-mail to  MP seminar someone from MP seminar  contacted me by e-mail support@mpseminarsonline.com . He asked me why? and I have responded all the problems which I went through, but no avail. No response at all.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 11:15 AM

Tes:
I have responded all the problems which I went through, but no avail. No response at all.

When did you respond? How much time have you given them? MP is a fairly small operation. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 3:13 PM

Tes:
No response at all.

I have had MP slow to respond when a camp is being given elsewhere in the country, around legal holidays (as now), or when someone is on vacation or out sick. They have always apologized for their understandable slowness and handled issues and questions to my satisfaction.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 7:15 PM

Tes:

Through a mediation of Faitlife by sending e-mail to  MP seminar someone from MP seminar  contacted me by e-mail support@mpseminarsonline.com . He asked me why? and I have responded all the problems which I went through, but no avail. No response at all.

Have you checked your spam folder?

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:45 PM

That’s not the problem . Someone has contacted me after extensive attempts through Faithlife  and disappeared.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 26532
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:19 PM

Tes:
and disappeared.

You've allowed at least one full business day for a response - plus accounted for the fact that this is a holiday weekend? and that support staff often take a bit of time off when school starts, if they have young children? Where I grew up, even the county fair would need to be taken into account this time of year.Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8
Joshua Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 1:19 PM

Hi Tes,

I work with Morris -- I'm so sorry for the frustration.  As I mentioned on your previous thread back in June, it's possible spam filters are blocking your message (esp. if you're overseas).  I don't see your inquiry anywhere in our system after checking thoroughly. 

Honestly, we work hard to respond within 24 business hours to all inquiries, and usually they're answered quicker.  We've not had other users report slow response times, or trouble submitting a support form / sending an email to support, which makes it difficult to say for sure what issue is preventing you from getting through.

As I also mentioned back in June:

"I'd like to make this right for you, so please reach out.  If you don't hear back after doing so, it's definitely being filtered as spam and you can also contact me via faithlife."

I'd be happy to provide you with my personal cell so I can either help fix your issue or help issue you a refund for the month you're referring to.  I don't want to post my number on a public forum for bots to pick up, so please reach out to me using Faithlife's "messages" feature, or you can try my personal gmail account which I'll type out here for you to interpret (in a way spam bots hopefully won't pick up).  Email me at rowejd333 at g-m a-i l -- d-o-t com.

Let's get this fixed for you.

Blessings,

-Josh

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 2:03 PM

Joshua Rowe:

Hi Tes,

I work with Morris -- I'm so sorry for the frustration.  As I mentioned on your previous thread back in June, it's possible spam filters are blocking your message (esp. if you're overseas).  I don't see your inquiry anywhere in our system after checking thoroughly. 

Honestly, we work hard to respond within 24 business hours to all inquiries, and usually they're answered quicker.  We've not had other users report slow response times, or trouble submitting a support form / sending an email to support, which makes it difficult to say for sure what issue is preventing you from getting through.

As I also mentioned back in June:

"I'd like to make this right for you, so please reach out.  If you don't hear back after doing so, it's definitely being filtered as spam and you can also contact me via faithlife."

I'd be happy to provide you with my personal cell so I can either help fix your issue or help issue you a refund for the month you're referring to.  I don't want to post my number on a public forum for bots to pick up, so please reach out to me using Faithlife's "messages" feature, or you can try my personal gmail account which I'll type out here for you to interpret (in a way spam bots hopefully won't pick up).  Email me at rowejd333 at g-m a-i l -- d-o-t com.

Let's get this fixed for you.

Blessings,

-Josh

OK. Thank you I have sent you e-mail.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS