Highlighting across user created Bibles (Personal Books) and Logos provided Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Dave Gonzo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 27 2019 9:39 AM

I've created a Bible by using a database (database --> excel --> docx) and using the Personal Books feature. I didn't use the dynamic feature since I am using custom text. I made sure that I set the Type to Bible.

How do I ensure that highlighting in my Personal Book version of the Bible will automatically appear in other Bibles? When I use the Logos version of KJV and highlight in there, the highlighting will automatically appear in another version, ie. ESV.

I would like to the same using my version. Any help would be appreciated or pointed in the right direction.

Thank you

Posts 10104
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2019 11:03 AM

Dave Gonzo:

How do I ensure that highlighting in my Personal Book version of the Bible will automatically appear in other Bibles? When I use the Logos version of KJV and highlight in there, the highlighting will automatically appear in another version, ie. ESV.

I would like to the same using my version.

Hi Dave, I assume you refer to highlighting selected text - unfortunately, the functionality you describe works only for a small number of bibles, those with a Reverse Interlinear dataset.

Logos will internally find out which underlying e.g. Greek words correspond to the KJV's English you selected - and can then show the highlight of the English words that were used to translate those Greek ones in the ESV, since both bibles have RI datasets which can be used for this. Since there is no functionality of creating RI datasets as a PB, I think there's currently no way to see those highlights in other bibles.    

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 8
Dave Gonzo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 27 2019 3:27 PM

NB.Mick:
Hi Dave, I assume you refer to highlighting selected text - unfortunately, the functionality you describe works only for a small number of bibles, those with a Reverse Interlinear dataset.

Ah, them Greeks!

Thank you anyway for quick reply.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS