Suggestion: Keyboard switcher should work in lexicons and notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1012
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 4 2019 1:11 PM

I love that Logos is implementing keyboard switching in searches. But this feature should also be available in edit boxes throughout the program.

One of the most important uses of a Greek or Hebrew keyboard in Logos is with lexicons. If I want to select a word in a Greek or Hebrew lexicon, I currently switch the Windows system keyboard to Greek or Hebrew, then enter the word. Since the transliteration feature is not available in the Location box for lexicons, this is the most efficient way to jump to a random article.

It would also be very useful to be able to switch to Greek or Hebrew in the notes editor.

Without implementation of keyboard switching throughout the program, the need for a system Greek and Hebrew keyboard is still not eliminated.

One of the most important uses of a Greek or Hebrew keyboard in Logos is with lexicons. If I want to select a word in a Greek or Hebrew lexicon, I currently switch the Windows system keyboard to Greek or Hebrew, then enter the word. Since the transliteration feature is not available in the Location box, this is the most efficient way to jump to a random article.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:
One of the most important uses of a Greek or Hebrew keyboard in Logos is with lexicons.

We plan to add the feature to the resource navigation box in an upcoming beta.

Harry Hahne:
It would also be very useful to be able to switch to Greek or Hebrew in the notes editor.

This is not currently planned, but it would certainly be useful.

Harry Hahne:
Since the transliteration feature is not available in the Location box for lexicons

It works for me...

Posts 8010
LogosEmployee

And note that since Logos 8.4, it has not been necessary to type "g:" or "h:" in resources.

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8.4

• Resources with Greek and Hebrew headwords will automatically untransliterate text typed into the active reference box (without the need to type a g: or h: prefix).
Posts 1012
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 2:18 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

And note that since Logos 8.4, it has not been necessary to type "g:" or "h:" in resources.

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8.4

• Resources with Greek and Hebrew headwords will automatically untransliterate text typed into the active reference box (without the need to type a g: or h: prefix).

Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed that Logos added the ability to type transliterated words in the Location box for lexicons. That is a great feature. Since Logos did not use the transliteration feature in lexicons for a long time, I just got used to switching to a Greek keyboard when I want to select an article. I never tested it to see if the transliteration would work.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS