Announcement: Galaxie's Theological Journal Library Subscription Access

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 12
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 5 2019 3:54 PM

Faithlife has partnered with Galaxie to bring our users a new journal subscription option! The subscription provides access to all Galaxie journal issues we offer on our platform. Subscriptions are available per month ($5) or per year ($50).  If you prefer to purchase a license to Galaxie journals outside the subscription model, you can of course still do that here.

Find out more here!

Posts 797
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:19 PM

Well done, FL!

Posts 6497
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 4:21 PM

Lew Worthington:

Well done, FL!

Ditto!

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:06 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
Subscriptions are available per month ($5) or per year ($50).

That is very nice, considering it used to cost about $50 every year for the annual update. For those who don't have the cash to buy all the back issues, this is especially compelling. It is a good collection of journals (and all we had in Logos for a long time).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3194
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 5:31 PM

This is a good offer- the $5 option will allow individuals to get the journals and see if they are a resource they use- looks like you can easily switch to the yearly rate.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 7:59 PM

I'm already heavily invested in Galaxie journals so I won't be taking advantage of this but I will strongly recommend it to many. It's a great solution for those who haven't already spent all the money to invest in the back catalog. I used to spend $50 each year to just get the new year's annual update. 

Will Galaxie be bringing more journals to Logos regularly like we used to get?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1113
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 8:52 PM

This is terrific news! I got some Galaxie journals long ago but have been unable to keep up. A subscription should suit my needs quite well--I don't need journals all the time but sometimes "binge" on them for projects. Question: Can the monthly subscription be taken only as needed? As in, could I subscribe for 3 months this year, let it lapse when it's not needed, then do the same again after another 12 months or so? Are there any conditions complicating that sort of usage?

Posts 3286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 5:40 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Faithlife has partnered with Galaxie to bring our users a new journal subscription option! The subscription provides access to all Galaxie journal issues we offer on our platform. Subscriptions are available per month ($5) or per year ($50).  If you prefer to purchase a license to Galaxie journals outside the subscription model, you can of course still do that here.

Find out more here!

Thom

I agree this is great news but I'm curious if Logos will also continue to sell Galaxie Journals.  Do you know if this is true?  I own the Galaxie Journal library so at the moment I own everything this has to offer but when I look at the Galaxie database they have many journals in there that Logos doesn't yet.  Is the plan forward to have two models, one ownership and one subscription?

Posts 8
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 6:22 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
Faithlife has partnered with Galaxie to bring our users a new journal subscription option!

So, I'm an owner and user of all journals currently published by FL . . . so, should I opt for a "subscription" for coming journals, or will FL continue to offer the journal packages of the past . . . bottom line, love and use journals and want be sure to have any/all new ones. Thanks for any insights!

Posts 12
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 11:27 AM

Mattillo, our plan is to continue producing journals and to offer the ownership model.

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 12:46 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Mattillo, our plan is to continue producing journals and to offer the ownership model.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 641
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 2:36 PM

While I'm happy for those who will benefit from a subscription plan, but this move will reduce demand for producing journals.

Posts 8979
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 3:58 PM

Into Grace:

While I'm happy for those who will benefit from a subscription plan, but this move will reduce demand for producing journals.

I had not thought of that but I'm not sure that is the case. If the subscription model takes off Faithlife should produce more journals to support it which should also benefit those who wish to purchase them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 7:39 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Thank you Thom!  Galaxie has a bunch of other journals lying around for you guys to scoop up when you have the chance! Big Smile 

At least that is what I can tell from their website.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 8:35 AM

This is excellent! I've never had many journals in my Logos library, so this is very attractive. 

Posts 51

I'm a little out on the best journals. Can anybody suggest some journals to stay alert about?
My primary interest is about textual criticism and pastoral theology.

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 6:55 AM

Is there any sample of the journals or any detail about what the resources are?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 7:22 AM

Tes:

Is there any sample of the journals or any detail about what the resources are?

If you click the link in Thom's original post you get to https://www.logos.com/product/184429/galaxies-theological-journal-library-subscription 

This shows which journals are included in the subscription.

Would you like a sample of any of them in particular?

Posts 3117
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 7:58 AM

Pedro Gabriel Cavalcanti Lima:

I'm a little out on the best journals. Can anybody suggest some journals to stay alert about?
My primary interest is about textual criticism and pastoral theology.

To a certain extent, this depends on your theological outlook (or at least the theological perspectives that you are interested in learning about).

Posts 51

SineNomine:
To a certain extent, this depends on your theological outlook (or at least the theological perspectives that you are interested in learning about).

Well, I'm in a continuist-reformed baptist specter,, but I'm interested in other theological views

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS