Announcement: Galaxie's Theological Journal Library Subscription Access

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 464
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 9:56 AM

That is what I am paying for a subscription to the journals at Galaxie. I would switch to having them in Logos but they have more on their site than in the Logos collection.

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:22 AM

Graham Criddle:

Tes:

Is there any sample of the journals or any detail about what the resources are?

If you click the link in Thom's original post you get to https://www.logos.com/product/184429/galaxies-theological-journal-library-subscription 

This shows which journals are included in the subscription.

Would you like a sample of any of them in particular?

Thank you Graham. What I mean is I can't see amy saple of the content.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 10051
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:34 AM

Nord Zootman:
That is what I am paying for a subscription to the journals at Galaxie. I would switch to having them in Logos but they have more on their site

Actually having this material anyplace else than in Logos would make it totally worthless to me. Some small portion of it even may be available as PDFs somewhere - but that's not the same. 

Regarding "more" - from scrolling down it seems to me that Galaxie has exactly the same journals. It seems the online subscription via the website is more recent in some cases, but is this relevant? I looked up JETS: both include up until #60 (Dec 2017) while for the Priscilla Papers, Galaxie has #31 (2017) while Logos currently stops at #30 (2016). Actually I'd like to see immediate release in Logos as soon as a journal appears, like with Themelios, but this is probably not feasible for all of those. I fully expect FL and Galaxie to include newer releases at some point, but I understand it will take longer to produce a Logos edition.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 12:19 PM

NB.Mick:

Nord Zootman:
That is what I am paying for a subscription to the journals at Galaxie. I would switch to having them in Logos but they have more on their site

Regarding "more" - from scrolling down it seems to me that Galaxie has exactly the same journals. It seems the online subscription via the website is more recent in some cases, but is this relevant? I looked up JETS: both include up until #60 (Dec 2017) while for the Priscilla Papers, Galaxie has #31 (2017) while Logos currently stops at #30 (2016). Actually I'd like to see immediate release in Logos as soon as a journal appears, like with Themelios, but this is probably not feasible for all of those. I fully expect FL and Galaxie to include newer releases at some point, but I understand it will take longer to produce a Logos edition.

I agree with you on the immediate release.  I didn't look up all of them but the few I did look up did have the latest volume missing. Bsac 174 (2017),  BBR 25 (2015), and Detroit Baptist 22 (2017).  I don't have time to go through the entire catalog but I would definitely appreciate an update to get it all caught up.  We are still waiting for the 4.1 bundles though so I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 3:31 PM

Is the subscription searchable in our Logos program?  

If I do a "Search Everything" or "Search Collection Journal" for such and such topic, will it work?

Posts 10051
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 4:10 PM

Michael S.:

Is the subscription searchable in our Logos program?  

If I do a "Search Everything" or "Search Collection Journal" for such and such topic, will it work?

Sure. It's part of the library just like any other journals (it comes with a temporary license which will expire once the subscription runs out, that's it). 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS