Israel's Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective: Text, Archaeology, Culture, and Geoscience

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 149
Theo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:19 AM

Israel's Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective: Text, Archaeology, Culture, and Geoscience

by Thomas E. Levy (Editor), Thomas Schneider (Editor), William H.C. Propp (Editor)

Series: Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Hardcover: 584 pages
Publisher: Springer; 2015 edition (March 30, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 3319047671
ISBN-13: 978-3319047676

Vote here!

Posts 1418
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:44 AM

I've read this book some years ago and it provides a variety of views, some professional, some rather wild. It describes the state of the research in 2013.

As I see it, exodus has two main problems: chronology and the size of the group. The "elef" is normally translated as thousand, but can also mean some sort of family group.

Regarding to the chronology they put it no later than 1200 BC. But I think archaeologically it fits better to about 1050 BC. I think they should have a new book with newer results and more options to consider.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS