What does Your Desk Look Like?

Page 2 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 102 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 165
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 5:04 PM

Rob Bruce:

Top picture is my church office, bottom is home.

The fact that you have a picture of The Cream looking down at you automatically means you have a cool desk!

Cliff

Posts 165
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 8:23 PM

Posts 143
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 8:46 PM

Posts 1163
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 3:50 AM

Liam:

Haha! Yes I would have! But I just moved and effectively designated my desk to the trash...

that’s actually why I’m asking. I need inspiration on buying a new one!

Ok! Here’s my new one!:

Posts 51
Eduardo Fergusson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:02 AM

Edited

Posts 62
Thomas Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 9:18 AM

Before Logos, my desk was just my dest at church or home, covered with commentaries, Bible translations, and a concordance.   However, today it's just my Logos. Today my desk extends beyond my office.  If I'm waiting for my doctor appointment, or if I'm with my wife as she trying on this dress and then another dress and she wants my opinion on each dress, as I wait, I just pull out my cell phone and click on my Logos app and continue where I left off and work on my message.  Now my desk is where ever I am at. 

Posts 2947
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:23 AM

Mr. Simple:

great it looks like a studio.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1454
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 11:45 AM

Logos could start selling scroll like decorations we could attach on the side of the screen 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 169
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 11 2019 4:58 PM

He's my desktop setup and my Surface Pro 6.  I use Logos mostly on the Pro 6.  As a layperson I mostly use Logos in church, in classes, or just out an about at coffee shops.  The desktop is hooked up to a 40" 4K TV that I use as my monitor.  It was only $200 and serves it's purpose well.  TV's are way cheaper than monitors.  I'm able to have 4 1080p windows showing which works well for Logos and Bible study purposes.

Logos desk

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2019 9:04 AM

Michael:

He's my desktop setup and my Surface Pro 6.  I use Logos mostly on the Pro 6.  As a layperson I mostly use Logos in church, in classes, or just out an about at coffee shops.  The desktop is hooked up to a 40" 4K TV that I use as my monitor.  It was only $200 and serves it's purpose well.  TV's are way cheaper than monitors.  I'm able to have 4 1080p windows showing which works well for Logos and Bible study purposes.

Logos desk

And I'm sure the Star Wars memorabilia help in the studying process. Wink

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2019 12:26 PM

You have not lived until you have had a whiteboard in your office.

Posts 5
Robert Braham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:26 AM

I am a retired information technology consultant and have always used multiple monitors for work space. At age 72, my personal goal with Logos is to take one final deep dive through the Bible. That journey has launched a mild distraction from my goal as I have included teaching an adult Sunday school class and a small group and therefore losing control of the study order of the books of the Bible.

My approach to teaching is simple. I use the NavPress Life Change series which provide a guided study of the each book of the Bible. I use the product Naturally Speaking to read the entire book into a MS Word document. I going to read the book anyway so this is only a little extra work. Then I create a Logos "Personal Book". I work through each lesson in in the MS Word document while keeping the Personal Book open to take advantage of the hyperlinks through all my opened Logos resonances. While NavPress supplies a fair amount of historical, cultural, and Bible dictionary type of information, I always find additional Logos resource info to add. I constantly rebuild the personal book often to keep it in sync.

Now to my computer. I use a laptop that has 16 Meg RAM and a 512 GIG solid state drive. I use two Dell 34 inch monitors. These displays are daisy chained together. Dell supplies a utility which allows each display to be broken down into display sections. As you can see in the above picture, the Logos maim screen is opened full screen on the left monitor. The right monitor is divided into three sections. The first section holds a Logos floating panel of the Bibles and resources being used in the study. The second section contains the Personal Book copy with all the available Logos links and personal content for the lesson. The third section contains the NavPress MS Word document being studied. The current study in the book of Judges. I use Layouts specific to the materials chosen for each study with always open on both screens.   

This will all change as I continue to use the MP Seminars Online. There is lots more for me to learn about using Logos.

Posts 10324
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 8:01 AM

Always the contrarian.

Posts 2
Saor Lucena | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 9:08 AM

This is my Logos Station

Posts 3189
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 4:13 PM

Hey Liam I think we need to have a voting contest on what we think is the 'best or coolest' desk look.

Have a closing date.

open to all FL subscribers

maybe even get in touch with someone from FL and have the winner on our home pages. FL Community contests. Maybe even suggest a new thing for us. Community Contests - FLCC (Faithlife Community contests) I can see a whole lot of things around this.

anyway my two cents worth.

I know who would get my vote.

mm.

Liam:

Ok ok. I know this doesn‘t have much to do with Logos Bible Software...

But, I was wondering what everyone’s Logos Command Station looks like.

So, if you’re Feeling bold, post a pic of your desk where you use Logos at! I want to see it in all it’s glory! (And dust!)

mm.

Posts 1
Alex O. Sellman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:48 AM

I wanted to post a photo of my desk, but apparently a photo hosting service is required...?

Posts 1163
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:48 AM

Milkman:

Hey Liam I think we need to have a voting contest on what we think is the 'best or coolest' desk look.

Have a closing date.

open to all FL subscribers

maybe even get in touch with someone from FL and have the winner on our home pages. FL Community contests. Maybe even suggest a new thing for us. Community Contests - FLCC (Faithlife Community contests) I can see a whole lot of things around this.

anyway my two cents worth.

I know who would get my vote.

I like it Milk Man!

Posts 1163
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:54 AM

OK! Here's my new updated command center! ...er corner nook.

Posts 12
Rob Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 11:13 AM

Thanks Clifford!

Page 2 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS