Feature Request/Suggestion: Focus View/Focus Mode

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Thayne | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:22 AM

I am wondering what it would look like for Faithlife to consider adding a "Focus View" or "Focus Panel" where the Logos workspace would be very simple and free from other distractions.  Maybe take a look at the new update from Word and see what they did to create a "Focus Mode." Thoughts?

Posts 21985
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:37 AM

Are you seeing this as something further than the "Reading View" currently available - press F11 in a resource to bring it up.

That seems to do something similar for a single resource but are you looking for something that would work in a more complex layout?

Posts 6
Thayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 7:57 AM

The Reading View is super close, but yes, I would think that it would be nice if it would work with a more complex layout.  Maybe with 2-3 windows. 

Something so that you can have the sermon editor AND Bible in view at the same time.

Thanks for the reply!  Thoughts?

Posts 21985
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 8:35 AM

Have you tried floating a window and having a Bible and Sermon Editor tab open in that?

Posts 6
Thayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 12:40 PM

Yes, I have and it will only do the reading view in only one tab...

Posts 1584
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:35 PM

Thayne:

Yes, I have and it will only do the reading view in only one tab...

Graham wasn't meaning that you would use the reading mode in this case. Float a window with your desired resources and then maximize it to fill the entire screen. Like so...

I could even hide the menu bar on top (I am on a Mac) to make it even less distracting.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS