Prevent Total Library Download

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Robert Yull | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 14 2019 8:50 PM

I've been using the Android version for some time.  I've got a new tablet PC and installed Logos 7 on it.  On the Android version, I could decide which resources I wanted to download, so I was surprised when the desktop version seemed to download my entire library.  Is there a way to prevent this and/or be selective on which resources are downloaded?  It downloaded over a gigabyte of resources that I will not typically use.  I like to keep a few Bible versions local.

It it just wasting space on a drive that is a little smaller than regular PCs with mechanical hard drives, since it uses a SSD.

Also, if this had been a metered internet connection, I don't think I would have been too happy as Logos would have just eaten a LOT of data.

Posts 22004
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2019 11:17 PM

Hi Robert and welcome to the forums

The behaviour you describe is how Logos worked up until version 8.4 - https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8.4 - where Cloud Resources where introduced providing the control you are looking for.

I recommend upgrading to Logos 8 - the free upgrade is available at https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic - and you should then be able to offload the resources you dont want

Graham

Posts 2
Robert Yull | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2019 9:18 AM

Thank you for the fast response! When I first looked, I thought the jump to 8 wasn't free, which is why I stuck with 7. Found the Basic update on the store.

Thank you again.

Posts 26834
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2019 2:52 PM

The free version is usually a couple of months after the initial release - it allows the load on their servers to handle the purchases before the free downloads hit.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS