David Carter:
Maybe you didn't (speak too soon that is) they are all priced at $26.99 for me

Same for me ???

Posts 10049
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 10:34 AM

Paul Caneparo:
Logos are now offering the volumes at $9.99

Seems this was really a "flash"-sale - it worked earlier today, but when I came back to throw even more money at Faithlife, it was already over - the commentaries are still listed quite at the top of English language products sorted by savings, but they don't give any discount right now. :-(

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 10:42 AM

NB.Mick:

Paul Caneparo:
Logos are now offering the volumes at $9.99

Seems this was really a "flash"-sale - it worked earlier today, but when I came back to throw even more money at Faithlife, it was already over - the commentaries are still listed quite at the top of English language products sorted by savings, but they don't give any discount right now. :-(

Now the price on individual volumes is down again. but the larger collections are still originally priced.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 41
Chi Shun Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 11:11 AM

Well, it's your loss Logos, you could have gotten $100+ off of me. 

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 11:12 AM

Chi Shun Cheung:

Well, it's your loss Logos, you could have gotten $100+ off of me. 

Amateur hour at Logos - again

Posts 10049
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 11:16 AM

David Thomas:
Now the price on individual volumes is down again.

Unfortunately I don't see this - do you get Academic Pricing, perhaps?

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 11:44 AM

NB.Mick:

David Thomas:
Now the price on individual volumes is down again.

Unfortunately I don't see this - do you get Academic Pricing, perhaps?

I do have academic discount, BUT 5 minutes later the price was back up to $27/volume. Fortunately, I took a screen capture. I emailed the snip to a CS rep and she is hunting down definitive pricing.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 4:08 PM

Hi all,

Early this morning, discount pricing appeared on several of our Teach the Text volumes. Unfortunately, a discount code was prematurely applied, leading to the discount pricing appearing on several products.

My apologies for the mix-up. We still plan on offering these resources for sale in the very near future (alongside the collection, which will also receive special pricing). Please be sure to add them to your wishlist and make a note to visit here in early to mid October: https://www.logos.com/search?Series%20%2F%20Sets=Teach%252520the%252520Text%252520Commentary&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&filters=seriessets-teachthetextcommentary_Series%20%2F%20Sets%2Bseriessets-teach20the20text20commentary_Series%20%2F%20Sets&ownership=all

Again, my apologies for the error. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Daniel

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 421
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 4:52 PM

Daniel, the commentaries on Psalms should have the series name too..

https://www.logos.com/product/166451/psalms-1-72-volume-1 

https://www.logos.com/product/174848/psalms-73-150-volume-2 

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 10:22 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

Daniel, the commentaries on Psalms should have the series name too..

https://www.logos.com/product/166451/psalms-1-72-volume-1 

https://www.logos.com/product/174848/psalms-73-150-volume-2 

Thanks for that! We're currently working on updating those pages, should have them completed before the end of the week.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 9:29 PM

Does anyone have any strong recommendations as to which volumes are specially good - especially as preaching resources. I snapped up the 4 volumes in the Gospels and Acts when they were listed too early at $9.99.

I've been looking to see which other volumes may be useful for the future. So far I've shortlisted the 2 volumes in the Psalms as the author appears to have focused much of his career in the Psalms and the Exodus volume as the author wrote the Apollos Commentary on Exodus, so has studied the book in depth.

I note Denver Seminary rate the 1 Corinthians volume as their top pick for an introductory commentary, but I haven't shortlisted that yet.

I probably have far too many commentaries, so I'm now much more selective and look for volumes that will add value to my library and especially in terms of sermon preparation.

Posts 6
Olli-Pekka Ylisuutari | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 11:30 PM

Hi, Paul!

I have John F. Evans' Guide to Biblical Commentaries, 10th edition. So not speaking for myself, but quoting (mainly freely) Evans. The first Psalms Commentary by Bullock (2015) gets a "suggested for purchase" bold star. (The second Ps. Commentary by Bullock was published later, so Evans has not read or evaluated it whilst his Guide was written and produced - hence he can make no recommendation, although saying "if I were pastoring I think I might make this my first pick when it's complete.").

The other TTC commentaries that Evans considers "worthwhile purchases, but not as first priorities" (which nevertheless get a star) are: Daniel by Pierce (evangelical dispensationalist), 1 & 2 Samuel by Chisholm (while criticizing it's briefness), Job by Estes (criticizing the fact how much the speaches of Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar get space for sermon prep), Luke by R.T. France (which Evans calls "a model vol.") and Revelation by Duvall (criticizing the illustrations part).

The other vols. he has either not seen, read or were not yet produced at the time of the writing.

Hope this helps - at least somewhat!

Posts 19
Tong Shin Kai Clarence | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 12:43 AM

I am curious, does anyone have a list of which of the books in the series are those in full colour and design which are the books that are not. This is so that if I only want to get those with the nice colour and design I know which ones to get. I may end up getting the whole set anyway but I would like to know.

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:08 AM

Tong Shin Kai Clarence:

I am curious, does anyone have a list of which of the books in the series are those in full colour and design which are the books that are not. This is so that if I only want to get those with the nice colour and design I know which ones to get. I may end up getting the whole set anyway but I would like to know.

I think the hardback ones are those with colour images. See this link

http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/bakerbooks/teach-the-text/continuity-release-order

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:05 AM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hi all,

Early this morning, discount pricing appeared on several of our Teach the Text volumes. Unfortunately, a discount code was prematurely applied, leading to the discount pricing appearing on several products.

My apologies for the mix-up. We still plan on offering these resources for sale in the very near future (alongside the collection, which will also receive special pricing). Please be sure to add them to your wishlist and make a note to visit here in early to mid October: https://www.logos.com/search?Series%20%2F%20Sets=Teach%252520the%252520Text%252520Commentary&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&filters=seriessets-teachthetextcommentary_Series%20%2F%20Sets%2Bseriessets-teach20the20text20commentary_Series%20%2F%20Sets&ownership=all

Again, my apologies for the error. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Daniel

Neat! Glad I didn't miss this one

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:33 PM

Olli-Pekka Ylisuutari:

Hi, Paul!

I have John F. Evans' Guide to Biblical Commentaries, 10th edition. So not speaking for myself, but quoting (mainly freely) Evans. The first Psalms Commentary by Bullock (2015) gets a "suggested for purchase" bold star. (The second Ps. Commentary by Bullock was published later, so Evans has not read or evaluated it whilst his Guide was written and produced - hence he can make no recommendation, although saying "if I were pastoring I think I might make this my first pick when it's complete.").

The other TTC commentaries that Evans considers "worthwhile purchases, but not as first priorities" (which nevertheless get a star) are: Daniel by Pierce (evangelical dispensationalist), 1 & 2 Samuel by Chisholm (while criticizing it's briefness), Job by Estes (criticizing the fact how much the speaches of Eliphaz, Bildad and Zophar get space for sermon prep), Luke by R.T. France (which Evans calls "a model vol.") and Revelation by Duvall (criticizing the illustrations part).

The other vols. he has either not seen, read or were not yet produced at the time of the writing.

Hope this helps - at least somewhat!

Thanks. The Psalms volumes are looking good.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 4:27 PM

I can’t wait for this sale! My consolation price!

DAL

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 5:21 PM

The sale is coming tomorrow (since tomorrow is October)!!! Looking forward to the new items on sale 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:33 AM

DAL:

The sale is coming tomorrow (since tomorrow is October)!!! Looking forward to the new items on sale 👍😁👌

DAL

Not on sale yet. The promise was early to mid October.

Any recommendations? I bought the 4 volumes on the Gospels and Acts and intend to buy the 2 volumes on the Psalms.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 5:16 AM

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

Not on sale yet. The promise was early to mid October.

Any recommendations? I bought the 4 volumes on the Gospels and Acts and intend to buy the 2 volumes on the Psalms.

I’ll probably buy them all since they promised special pricing on the bundle which I assume will be reconfigured to include all the volumes.  I hope is $159.99 like others sold it 👍😁👌

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS