Download all resources option not appearing

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2724
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 10:47 AM

JT (alabama24):
I can understand why some users are disappointed that it has been taken away, but it was always a bit of a hazardous thing to do. It isn’t just that users might have to redownload everything: it also caused the corruption of notes/highlights (when resource files weren’t in sync) and difficulties (or the inability) to reinstall the app. Faithlife has willy/nilly taken this away... rather, they have decided that (at present at least) it is in the user’s best interests. 

What would realy be in the user's best interest would be to fix the problems that downloading the entire library.

Posts 10244
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 11:23 AM

JT (alabama24):
The logic behind...

... is always a red flag. If FL marketed that way, fine.  But the combination of the ministry moving across devices, and the tablets being quite powerful, suggests (back where we started) ... they should fix the software, instead of fix the customer.

Posts 5114
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:02 PM

Denise:
I think Disciple meant full-download.

Thanks Denise, there was an error in the auto conversion from my brain to keyboard.

Posts 5114
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:03 PM

Denise:

JT (alabama24):
The logic behind...

... is always a red flag. If FL marketed that way, fine.  But the combination of the ministry moving across devices, and the tablets being quite powerful, suggests (back where we started) ... they should fix the software, instead of fix the customer.

Yes  After all the customer is the reason they exist.

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:14 PM

DIsciple II:
After all the customer is the reason they exist.

The difference between the views is over how best to serve the customers. Faithlife believes that it is in the best interest of the customers to limit the downloads, so they do. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:21 PM

DIsciple II:
Thanks Denise, there was an error in the auto conversion from my brain to keyboard.

It happens to the best of us. Smile

Posts 20
Jeremiah Ketchum | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:34 PM

I will add that I really miss this feature too!

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 12:04 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
What would realy be in the user's best interest would be to fix the problems that downloading the entire library.

It looks like that might be happening. No timeline though. 

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS