study bible collection

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 600
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:16 PM

Logos finally created a type: study bible

I thought they would have a pre-made collection.  They didn't, so I created one.  

type:study bible

Now there was one other book in their Bible Notes type that I wanted to add to this collection, but I find no way to do it.  I could tag all the study bible type books with my own tag: study bible, but surely there must be a better way to do it.  

Thank you

Posts 26514
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:27 PM

In the Collections tool, simply enter your rule type:"study Bible" and drag and drop your single addition into the plus section below the rule.

Because collections take time at start up, Logos would not make a pre-made collection since in most uses, we can create a collection based on resource type on the fly. The only pre-made collections are in Verbum - they cover distinctions that cannot be made by metadata rules.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 600
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:40 PM

I tried that.  It opened the resource instead.  I'll try again just in case.

Posts 600
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 7:43 PM

OK, I tried it again a little different way, and it worked.

Thank you

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 8:20 AM

Larry Craig:
Now there was one other book in their Bible Notes type that I wanted to add to this collection, but I find no way to do it.  I could tag all the study bible type books with my own tag: study bible, but surely there must be a better way to do it.  

To maintain a dynamic rule, you could have something like

type:study-bible OR  (type:bible-notes AND myrating:>3)

i.e apply a suitable rating to a Bible Notes type so that they will be included (other Notes cannot be rated higher than 3 for my example to work).

Even simpler, just tag the Notes types that you want included e.g.

type:study-bible OR  mytag:study-bible

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 600
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 10:25 AM

Thanks, Dave

MJ got back first, and I was able to take care of it.  I tried dragging, I tried a few formulas.  Nothing worked. 

But it's OK now

I tried an AND formula.  that didn't work.  Guess I should have tried OR.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS