OT - Men and women read and comprehend the Bible differently

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2019 2:00 PM

A few weeks ago I shared an interesting study about comprehension of digital reading (including Logos).

Today I read another fascinating study on how men and women read and comprehend differently. In particular this quote stands out to me from the article - https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/september-web-only/digital-bibles-help-men-read-more-retain-less.html

"digital Bible apps engage men more but may not provide deeper understanding."

My personal observation is that Logos is a far superior platform than most Bible apps and that studying Logos improves comprehension.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 2:19 PM

The question would be Bruce what do they define as a ‘digital bible app’. If they mean something like YouVersion, then I think they are  not too far off the mark with your quote from the piece. Now if they were talking about a digital bible study app like Logos the question is who was their sample? It certainly wasn’t forum users as we all find Logos does result  deeper our understanding. Though sometimes creates new questions - which is not a bad thing.

Bruce Dunning:

A few weeks ago I shared an interesting study about comprehension of digital reading (including Logos).

Today I read another fascinating study on how men and women read and comprehend differently. In particular this quote stands out to me from the article - https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/september-web-only/digital-bibles-help-men-read-more-retain-less.html

My personal observation is that Logos is a far superior platform than most Bible apps and that studying Logos improves comprehension.

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 4:07 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Interesting! That study is being done by John Dyer who is a friend of mine.

DIsciple II:
The question would be Bruce what do they define as a ‘digital bible app’. If they mean something like YouVersion, then I think they are  not too far off the mark with your quote from the piece.

It was YouVersion that the test was done with.

Posts 8969
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 5:19 PM

Rosie Perera:

That's cool. When you talk to him next you can get some of the backstory.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5087
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 7:29 PM

Thanks for the insight Rosie, I’ll try to get to reading the article in full later today.

Rosie Perera:

Bruce Dunning:

DIsciple II:
The question would be Bruce what do they define as a ‘digital bible app’. If they mean something like YouVersion, then I think they are  not too far off the mark with your quote from the piece.

It was YouVersion that the test was done with.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS