ATTN: KYLE, CRAIG, SEAN (?) Critical Systematic Theology resources

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 26 2019 12:55 PM

For many of us, the following two resources are our primary systematic theology resource. Please give me reassurance that these will be treated as systematic theologies as that is how they are used. It is also important because it maps the Catholic organization of systematic theology onto the Logos organization.

Denzinger, Henry, and Karl Rahner, eds. The Sources of Catholic Dogma. Translated by Roy J. Deferrari. St. Louis, MO: B. Herder Book Co., 1954.

===========================================================================

Jurgens, W. A., trans. The Faith of the Early Fathers. Vol. 1–3. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, 1970–1979.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1107
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 2:28 PM

I saw this and will take a look at it. It probably won't be until tomorrow. It seems a reasonable request, especially Sources of Catholic Dogma.

Posts 1107
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2019 1:15 PM

Actually, I don't have any thing else to add. They're on the list.

Posts 395
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2019 3:19 PM

Hey Kyle I really hope that those systematic theology resources are used in Verbum???  Why would we need them in logos???

Posts 3375
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2019 4:40 PM

Mathew Haferkamp:

Hey Kyle I really hope that those systematic theology resources are used in Verbum???  Why would we need them in logos???

Verbum is a program that is a Catholic re-skin (with minor feature tweaks) of the program Logos. If I have a license to a resource I can access it in either program. I do not understand your post.

Posts 27989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2019 7:30 PM

Mathew Haferkamp:
Why would we need them in logos???

Perhaps because you are Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, Lutheran, have an interest in patristics, in church history, or wish to be broadly knowledgeable.  At least that's my excuse for owning Bercot Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS