Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek didn’t ship

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 488
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:05 PM

My prepub didn’t ship today, but it did for someone else. In my orders it still says the prepub is open. there are no notifications of a billing problem. Anyone have this issue?

Posts 1845
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:14 PM

Nope.   i have been reading it for a while.

Posts 26858
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:39 PM

Brian W. Davidson:
My prepub didn’t ship today, but it did for someone else. In my orders it still says the prepub is open. there are no notifications of a billing problem. Anyone have this issue?

Patience ... the servers need to thread releases through in a way that does not overload the server and grind everything to a fault.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 488
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 6:58 PM

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!

Posts 10244
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:10 PM

And the mobile downloads DAG too. 

Posts 17
Luke Wadel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 7:38 PM

Mine came (near the end of the day). Yay!

Posts 492
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 8:08 PM

Mine came through.  Indexing now.

Posts 277
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 9:18 PM

Wowsie!  Loving this so far!  Glad I took the prepub. plunge—Thanks Denise😉!

Posts 435
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 10:59 PM

I'm really grateful to have this resource in Logos. The numbering and lettering distinguishing senses within an entry, however, are much less readable than the print edition (i.e., using just bold font rather than boxes). This is especially cumbersome in summary sections that precede long, complex entries (e.g. λαμβάνω). There also seem to be many omitted spaces. I already submitted some typo reports and will make a separate thread later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Posts 1435
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:27 AM

The info panel says "Downloading"

It looks like part of it downloaded and then it stopped.

Perhaps got indexed, but for example I cannot set it a priority so that it stays.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1011
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:45 AM

Adam Olean:

I'm really grateful to have this resource in Logos. The numbering and lettering distinguishing senses within an entry, however, are much less readable than the print edition (i.e., using just bold font rather than boxes). This is especially cumbersome in summary sections that precede long, complex entries (e.g. λαμβάνω). There also seem to be many omitted spaces. I already submitted some typo reports and will make a separate thread later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

That's definitely something we can look into changing. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts 223
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:22 AM

Same issue for me. 

Posts 1435
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 1:12 PM

Now it finished downloading, looks better and has the priority as I've set.

This happened after installing 8.8. Perhaps just coincidence.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS