Free Book of the Month Giveaway Contest Not Working

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1925
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 1 2019 6:44 PM

Anyone else having issues with the Free Book of the Month Giveaway Contest not working? When I click, I seem to enter the farm where Shaun the Sheep lives. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 9:12 PM

Since I never heard of anyone winning, I figured it hasn't worked for a long time.  I quit entering.  Maybe that is a mistake?

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:13 PM

GaoLu:
Since I never heard of anyone winning, I figured it hasn't worked for a long time. 

That is essentially accusing FL of illegal activity. A few months ago, someone made a similar accusation. A couple of people piped up that they had won and FL posted that there are in fact winners. There is no reason for the winners to want their names disclosed ... no fine print requiring it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 2:04 AM

MJ. Smith:

GaoLu:
Since I never heard of anyone winning, I figured it hasn't worked for a long time. 

That is essentially accusing FL of illegal activity. A few months ago, someone made a similar accusation. A couple of people piped up that they had won and FL posted that there are in fact winners. There is no reason for the winners to want their names disclosed ... no fine print requiring it.

You make a far broader assumption than I implied which is neither accurate nor kind. I am glad to know some have won and enjoy hearing that once in a while.  Thanks for sharing that.

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 2:41 AM

GaoLu:
You make a far broader assumption than I implied which is neither accurate nor kind.

????

If there were no winners and/or if it were impossible to enter, then FL would be engaging in illegal activity as per the laws of our state.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2061
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 4:42 AM

Yes, what you say is true and helpful.  However it is a wild leap from what I said to the speculation you offer.  I wouldn't leap so far, but respect that you think someone may. 

I have never heard of anyone winning.  That is a fact.  I have no doubt that some do.  Hearing now and then would encourage participation.  

I have pondered the possibility that the system might not be working. Maybe it is.  If not, someone should know.  

I make no such false accusation as you inferred against FL whatsoever and would not.  I don't think that way about Faithlife and am disappointed that the possibility has been suggested.  

Posts 26533
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 12:42 PM

We obviously disagree on the semantics but it's irrelevant to these forums at this point. I'm sorry you feel I misrepresented you; that was not my intent.

Posts 1925
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2019 6:35 PM

The giveaway has always worked for me, but this month I got the site error message. Do we have an update on if this has been resolved, and if not, what the ETA is on it?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 314
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 7:54 AM

I am sorry you are having this problem Nathan, but I cannot duplicate this problem.  Do you still experience it if you try using a different browser and/or device?

Posts 1925
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:41 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

I am sorry you are having this problem Nathan, but I cannot duplicate this problem.  Do you still experience it if you try using a different browser and/or device?

It's working today. Thanks again for following up! 

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS