make resources in tandem?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
WBee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 1 2019 8:07 PM

When I have a Bible and commentary open--or two Bibles, etc.-- how do I connect them so when I move to a verse in one resource, the other books jump to the same verse?

Posts 5167
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 8:19 PM

Welcome to the forums. What you are asking to do is called linking resource. This is a helpful resource to get started.

https://wiki.logos.com/Linking_Resources 

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:56 PM

Once you get them linked, then there is a cool feature you can use.  Put the commentary pane in focus, then press the right arrow key.  It will open the next commentary on your priority list which deals with that scripture.  The left arrow will jump back.

The only glitch is if the newly opened commentary does not quite address that reference, then it will open the new commentary close to the original verse and probably move your Bible to the new close reference.  Adjust you Bible to the original reference and either go back or forward to a new commentary.

The same thing happens if you put the focus on your Bible pane.  The arrows will move you through your preferred Bibles in priority order.

Actually, Bible panes and commentary panes do NOT have to be linked together for this feature to work, but I think it's much more surprising when they are. Smile

What, you don't have your Bibles and commentaries prioritized?! Use this link: https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Otherwise, you are letting Logos choose which Bibles and commentaries you wish to see first.

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:04 PM

One more feature related to linked panes:

Once you have a Bible and commentary linked, then open up another pane with your preferred Bible.  Do not link this pane into the set.  Instead, use the three dot menu on the upper right of the panel and choose "Send hyperlinks here".  Then when you see a Bible reference in your commentary or Bible footnotes, clicking the reference will cause it to show up in the second Bible leaving the linked set alone.

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:52 AM

WBee:

When I have a Bible and commentary open--or two Bibles, etc.-- how do I connect them so when I move to a verse in one resource, the other books jump to the same verse?

Welcome Big Smile

Logos 8 Fundamentals and larger feature upgrades include MultiView Resources, which allows one tab to have more than one resource opened. Scrolling in Primary resource changes location in secondary resources. Scrolling secondary resource(s) has no effect on primary (different than linking tabs where scrolling in one tab changes location in all linked tabs)

Mulitview Resource icon is two vertical rectangles. Default location for resource separation is in the middle, which can be adjusted (dragged as desired). Logos 8 Fundamentals includes KJV (+ 3 more Bibles) and BKC (+ 6 more commentaries).

Searching Logos Help Center (LHC) for Multiview finds Logos 8 Training Videos that includes Multiview Resources

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS