Jesus and Software

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
Jose P. Gisone | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 17 2019 9:49 AM

Hello All,

I'm in career transition, and I'd like to explore opportunities at the crossroads of Jesus and software. To that end, I have the following questions for the forum. If this is not the right place to post this question to, I hope that some of you will help point me in the right direction. In no particular order. 

1. What software applications do missionaries and missionary organizations use to help them achieve their objectives? For example, to help them decide which geographic area or people group to target, or help them fine-tune their evangelization strategies and techniques

2. Are you aware of any organizations that are using artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analysis and analytics, or related software tools to further the Kingdom of God?

3. What organizations use research methods to gather data, analyze it, and / or distribute it as useful information that can provide insight or help the work of missionary organizations, pastors, churches, Christian universities and schools, and / or Christian businesses?

4.  What software tools are used by professors at Christian universities, theologians, and similarly-situated people to perform research?

5. As you go about your normal life, attempting to grow closer to God, doing your part spread the gospel and win souls for Christ, what software tools or apps do you wish you had which do not exist?

Blessings,

JPG.

'm in career transition, and I'd like to explore opportunities at the crossroads of Jesus and software. To that end, I have the following questions for the group, which I hope will help point me in the right direction. In no particular order. 1. What software applications do missionaries and missionary organizations use to help them achieve their objectives? For example, to help them decide which geographic area to target, or help them fine-tune their evangelization strategies and techniques. 2. Are you aware of any organizations that are using artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analysis and analytics, or related software tools to further the Kingdom of God? 3. What organizations use research methods to gather data, analyze it, and / or distribute it as useful information that can provide insight or help the work of missionary organizations, pastors, churches, Christian universities and schools, and / or Christian businesses? 4. What software tools are used by professors at Christian universities, theologians, and similarly-situated people to perform research? 5. As you go about your normal life, attempting to grow closer to God, doing your part spread the gospel and win souls for Christ, what software tools or apps do you wish you had?

Posts 1874
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 11:35 AM

Welcome Jose!

re: #4 - I use Logos Bible Software (who hosts this forum) discussions of any of your other questions is beyond the scope of this Forum

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
  4. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
    • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
    • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
    • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  5. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 12:50 PM

Jose P. Gisone:
I'm in career transition, and I'd like to explore opportunities at the crossroads of Jesus and software.

Welcome Big Smile

An option to prayerfully consider is a Faithlife Corporation career => https://faithlife.com/careers

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 716
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 10:24 AM

Hi Jose:

Even though I find your questions very interesting, I do agree with David Thomas that the thread may be in the borderline of violating guidelines.

Now the subject itself (detached from your own particular situation) is so important that I will venture to point out some things that may also be in the borderline of non compliance.

Not following your bullet points but just in general:

1 I do not know if you are acquainted with Balanced Score Card system (BSC), there  are resources that touch on this under "metrics".

A Methodist church uses such paradigm to try to systematize much of their efforts.

To keep within the guidelines, I would love to see a module that allowed us to follow metrics at personal and maybe small group setting in Logos Bible software.

2 Like wise, there are persons that have successfully used mind maps to make index of key concepts within certain subjects. To stay within guidelines, I would love Canvas to have the ability to accept url links to portions within Logos resources.

So in a strategy map like the above,  I could click in "Worship" for example and would open a canvas or mind map that had diagram of useful links to resources in Logos that had key information on that topic.

3 There was an instance in which a Pastor handed a topic and a guiding outline before his Sunday sermon, so the same could be discussed in small groups, by individuals, etc. and questions, illustrations, stories, spin offs, etc. could be discussed and passed on to him.

At the end the Pastor would have lots of information on what was known, experienced, and concerned people about such topic, in turn it helped craft a better sermon that addressed real contextual situation of the flock.

To stay within guidelines, I would love to see some form of that in Logos.

4. Then we get to curriculum. MS Encarta encyclopedia years back had a section where curriculum for different subjects were given, and you could explore them and there were links to particular encyclopedia articles relevant to the themes within the curriculum. I would love to see something like that in Logos.

5. the old discussed knowledge management:

https://trms.me/knowledge-management-with-zettelkasten-and-ia-writer/

Zettelkasten would be wonderful if available for use in Logos, and coupled with mind map module able to show links to particular locations within the Logos resources.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS