Highlighting only a part of a composed word ?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 17 2019 12:56 PM

Hello

Is there a way to highlight only a part of a composed word in Hebrew.

For example, Logos recognize that the word is composed of three parts. And i would like to color only the part that i want. (like the red line i add on the screenshot with paint). For the moment if i do a visual filter on this part and chose a highlight, it paints the complete word (orange).

Thanks

Yann

Posts 26874
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 1:35 PM

Check your settings Tools-->Program Settings

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2117
LogosEmployee

You can also hold down the Alt key while selecting to temporarily change your text selection mode.

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 3:08 PM

Thank you for your answers, yet, this does not work with Hebrew words :'( … I just check with greek, it is fine. But Hebrew will highlight the complete word. A Bug ?

Thank you

Posts 26874
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 3:42 PM

I tested it on a Hebrew word before I gave the answer; it worked for me on Win 10. Are you on a PC or a MAC?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8066
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 11:55 PM

Yann Parodi:
Thank you for your answers, yet, this does not work with Hebrew words :'( … I just check with greek, it is fine. But Hebrew will highlight the complete word. A Bug ?

If the resource you're using is an interlinear, then I think you will be restricted to highlighting a complete interlinear cell at a time. Which resource are you using?

Posts 8066
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2019 11:55 PM

Yann Parodi:

If the resource you're using is an interlinear, then I think you will be restricted to highlighting a complete interlinear cell at a time. Which resource are you using?

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 6:15 AM

This is it ! I was using LHI … I switch too LHB now it works. Thank you so much

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 6:43 AM

I spoke too Fast.

In fact it depends on the word :

For example in Psalms 1:1 

It works if i would want to highlight a part of  הָלַךְ֮

It does not work If i want to highlight אִ֗ישׁ in הָאִ֗ישׁ

Posts 8066
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2019 10:58 PM

Yann Parodi:

In fact it depends on the word :

For example in Psalms 1:1 

It works if i would want to highlight a part of  הָלַךְ֮

It does not work If i want to highlight אִ֗ישׁ in הָאִ֗ישׁ

I can confirm this problem.

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2019 6:38 AM

Thank you for having check out. Do you think it is a bug ? How can i ask the logos team to investigate ?

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS