What resources would you most like to see available in Logos?

Page 2 of 7 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 121 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:18 AM

Oh, and a variety of works dealing with Celtic Christianity/Spirituality.

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:08 AM

I know he is already represented to a degree, but it would be good to have the complete collection of the works of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones... I am thinking particularly of his lectures on Romans...

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:47 AM

I'd find it handy having Common Worship and Book of Common Prayer, especially on my iPhone (iPad, if I ever get the funds)

Posts 26244
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:04 PM

lostlogik:
Book of Common Prayer,

We had several hints that we should see this in prepub "soon." If we can get it to production quickly that encourage Logos to obtain rights to similar works.  Yes, Celtic Christian sources would be a nice addition.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:05 PM

NIV Study Bible (Zondervan told me directly that this was in Logos' hands, not theirs.)

Jewish Study Bible.

Etz Hayyim (a three-tiered Jewish commentary)

Civilizations of the Ancient Near East (CANE, 4 volumes)

Jastrow to make it out of Prepub :(

Elephantine Papyri (ok, I likely no longer have a practical use for this, but I'd like it anyway, and another company has it.)

Rashi?

The works of Robert Alter (Art of Biblical Narrative, etc.) and translations/commentaries (Genesis, Samuel, Psalms)

Oh, and The Torah: A Modern Commentary by Gunther Plaut

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:04 PM

Andy Evans:
the complete collection of the works of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones

Yes, indeed.  YesYes  Great suggestion, and better than any of mine. 

(Though I would so love to see that new more scholarly edition of Wesley by Oden!)

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 4:59 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

we have  Holman Bible Atlas already in Logos and it is my most appreciated one in my library. I got it as I upgraded to the Platinum Package.

Wow, thanks! I don't know how I overlooked that. I did a search for Atlas on logos.com and it didn't come up, but it's in the package comparison chart. And I have it in my Library (I have Portfolio) but hadn't even discovered it yet. Shows you I need to spend less time on the Forum and more time actually using Logos! Embarrassed

Incidentally, I'd love to see a new map search feature (akin to #image), e.g.: #map Jerusalem. It would find all maps (and only maps) with the search term(s) in the title or embedded in the map somewhere. Right now the best way to simulate such a search is to search for #image Jerusalem map, but it finds a lot of other stuff that isn't what you're looking for.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 6:14 PM

Rosie Perera:

More and better Atlases, complete with all text, color illustrations, indexes, etc. E.g.:

*** I have all of these in print, and they are excellent; especially Biblica and the Baker one

Real Art! I want to be able to search in Logos for a particular Bible passage and find reproductions of all the great paintings related to it. Most of them are in the public domain. They are wonderful to use as illustrations for sermons and classes, and for one's own meditation/reflection on a Biblical story. There are vast numbers of these already available online and indexed by websites such as Art Concordance, The Bible and Art, Biblical Art on the WWW, etc. Logos shouldn't let free websites be the leaders in this area! Even though quality reproductions are available all over the web, I'd pay to have a good-sized collection of them all in my Logos Library to ensure that I'd have access to them all the time and they'd be of similar quality, high enough resolution for display in PowerPoint, with all the correct title/artist/date/location/Scripture reference information, all of which would searchable.

Yes! YesYes

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:13 PM

I would love to see inter-active maps, for an example, a map that has the ancient names of cities, in black-and-white and modern city names in color. The ability to turn off the old, or the new city names. Having the movement of the Exodus, the journeys of Paul move, showing Biblical references to each stop that was recorded.

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 2:27 AM

J Hale:
I would love to see inter-active maps, for an example, a map that has the ancient names of cities, in black-and-white and modern city names in color. The ability to turn off the old, or the new city names. Having the movement of the Exodus, the journeys of Paul move, showing Biblical references to each stop that was recorded.

This has been asked for since I became a Logos user back in version 2.x  I would like to see layers that you can turn off and off, such as modern political boundary lines, modern city names... as well as layers from different eras.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 3:14 AM

Revised English Bible

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:37 PM

Inductive Bible study guides from Precept Ministries

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:15 PM

+1 for Buechner and Nouwen.

I'd also like all of Philip Yancey's books.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:35 PM

The NT works from Aland, and "Aland and Aland".

There are a few really important Aland works that I would buy in Logos format, but may end up buying the paper versions before long.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:36 PM

I would like to see anything by N.T Wright especially "Surprised by Hope"; "Justification" & "Virtue Reborn" also the complete "...for Everyone" commentary NT series. Plus John Goldingays new OT equivalent "for Everyone" commentary series.

"Heresy"; "The Dawkins Delusion" ; "Christian Theology - An Introduction" all by Alistere McGrath.

"Renewing the Face of the Earth" by David Atkinson 

Posts 67
LO | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:34 AM

Hendrik-Jan van der Wal:
With Bavinck on its way, I also hope that Logos will continue working together with the Dutch Translation Society.

Ditto!

Posts 467
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:17 AM

The unabridged Dictionary of Classical Hebrew (6 vols.)

http://www.sheffieldphoenix.com/showbook.asp?bkid=66

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:59 AM

C.S. Lewis

I know, family will not let them go. But that's my wish.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:07 AM

Rosie Perera:

Is this different than what you are referring to? http://www.logos.com/products/details/3855

Rosie Perera:
Even though quality reproductions are available all over the web, I'd pay to have a good-sized collection of them all in my Logos Library to ensure that I'd have access to them all the time and they'd be of similar quality,

Me too!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:02 AM

Matthew C Jones:

Rosie Perera:

Is this different than what you are referring to? http://www.logos.com/products/details/3855

It's the same thing, as has already been pointed out to me. Thanks.

Page 2 of 7 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS