Tip-ish: iPad Mini Handles Dual FL Apps Nicely

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10628
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 25 2019 1:33 PM

Ignore if you have the big-boy iPad. 

I just assumed the mini wouldn't work well displaying two FL apps. So, I (logically) didn't check. I was wrong. Works great:

On the left, a Noet, on the right a Logos app.  And easy too.

Start with your preferred FL app. Then go to ios Settings > General > Multitasking and Dock > Allow Multiple Apps (set to yes). Then see the instructions right below the switch.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1226
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 5:42 PM

Are you own iOS 12 or 13?
The iPad has handled duel apps / multitasking since iOS 9 or 10, depending on your mini model. The exciting enhancement in 13.xx is that one can, when apps are enabled, have two instances of the same app open side by side. I am hoping the Logos mobile app will one day employ this feature. Then I won’t need to have the web app open in a browser beside my L8 mobile app. Big Smile

BTW. On iPad iOS, Multitasking and Dock is it’s own primary setting; so that option isnt under General. Is it different on the mini? 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1226
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 5:42 PM

Are you own iOS 12 or 13?
The iPad has handled duel apps / multitasking since iOS 9 or 10, depending on your mini model. The exciting enhancement in 13.xx is that one can, when apps are enabled, have two instances of the same app open side by side. I am hoping the Logos mobile app will one day employ this feature. Then I won’t need to have the web app open in a browser beside my L8 mobile app. Big Smile

BTW. On iPad iOS, Multitasking and Dock is it’s own primary setting; so that option isnt under General. Is it different on the mini? 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 10628
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2019 7:49 PM

ios 13.1.3, and yes, General > Multitasking & Docking > etc. The drag a tag suddenly presenting Safari is truly crazy, but my not-Safari browser otherwise likes it.

I've used 4 panels on Laridian for maybe 15 or so years (actually allows more). So, bouncing along at 2 panels in Logos seemed appropo, with frequent stops at the server.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS