Got my learn Greek and Hebrew today

Page 4 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 91 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:23 PM

RonaldQuick:

Any time frame on when the download fix will be available?

Mike Heiser posted a link for the fixed Hebrew alphabet lesson already, but it turned out to be a bogus link, an internal one that he wasn't meant to give out and which we don't have access to, so he's waiting for the right person in Marketing to post the video in the right place and give us the proper link. Thus I'm guessing it will be available tomorrow. I'm sure the Greek one will be coming soon, too. It didn't take them long to fix the Hebrew one.

Posts 2478
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:36 PM

Thanks.

Posts 219
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:23 AM

I'm probably one of the quickest to complain when something doesn't seem right or I feel I've been mislead but Logos has produced one of the best Bible Study products to date and continues to develop more and more resources and products to assist us in our studies. Do I wish L4 for mac was complete, YES, Do I wish the Latest product "the Hebrew and Greek videos" were without error, YES but, complaining and badgering will not produce the desired result we all want to see. Instead I suggest pray for our brothers and sisters who labor diligently for us at logos and ask that the Lord give them everything that is required in knowledge and resources to complete these task for His glory. I believe that is they're desire also. I'm now going to do my best to remember to pray instead of complain next time I'm unhappy that L4 for Mac is not complete yet, It gets better with each Alpha release.

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:04 AM

Dennis Miller:

I'm probably one of the quickest to complain when something doesn't seem right or I feel I've been mislead but Logos has produced one of the best Bible Study products to date and continues to develop more and more resources and products to assist us in our studies. Do I wish L4 for mac was complete, YES, Do I wish the Latest product "the Hebrew and Greek videos" were without error, YES but, complaining and badgering will not produce the desired result we all want to see. Instead I suggest pray for our brothers and sisters who labor diligently for us at logos and ask that the Lord give them everything that is required in knowledge and resources to complete these task for His glory. I believe that is they're desire also. I'm now going to do my best to remember to pray instead of complain next time I'm unhappy that L4 for Mac is not complete yet, It gets better with each Alpha release.

Well, yes and no, Dennis.  I would say that ~whining~ would be neither helpful nor civil - I fully trust Logos to "get it right" eventually, whether it's software or video content that's at issue.  However, there is a place for "complaining", but only in the sense of non-emotionally pointing out errors and other shortcomings.  As I see it, there are two reasons to be critical while using the new DVD's - first, Logos can benefit from other sets of eyes in locating problems, and, second, total ancient language incompetents such as myself won't be so easily led astray by confusing errors that the more experienced might not stumble over.  To be honest, and I don't want to get into a theological discussion here (which would be a forum no-no), I feel that polite criticism would likely help Logos people more directly than praying.  Smile  Wink  Embarrassed

Fred

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:31 AM

Fred:
I feel that polite criticism would likely help Logos people more directly than praying.  Smile  Wink  Embarrassed

I think we'd all agree that we need to log the errors so they get attention...Logos has asked for that...nobody would dispute that right?

I think the issue was not being "strong" about it...but being more meek....

That's just my understanding.... Wink

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:02 PM

Fred:

Well, yes and no, Dennis.  I would say that ~whining~ would be neither helpful nor civil - I fully trust Logos to "get it right" eventually, whether it's software or video content that's at issue.  However, there is a place for "complaining", but only in the sense of non-emotionally pointing out errors and other shortcomings.  As I see it, there are two reasons to be critical while using the new DVD's - first, Logos can benefit from other sets of eyes in locating problems, and, second, total ancient language incompetents such as myself won't be so easily led astray by confusing errors that the more experienced might not stumble over.  To be honest, and I don't want to get into a theological discussion here (which would be a forum no-no), I feel that polite criticism would likely help Logos people more directly than praying.  Smile  Wink  Embarrassed

Yes. I think part of the issue here is that there is a difference in terms of relationship. For example, I have a great personal relationship with my former seminary professors. However, I would love to show you some of the strong derogatory statements they made regarding my flawed logic, theology, or spelling. While in seminary their firm critique helped me to become a better thinker and theologian. For another example, take a look at how Christ responded to Peter in the statement, "get behind me Satan". You can't get more derogatory than that! Christ  certainly wasn't being evil, but rather showing Peter that his thinking was severely flawed and not in alignment with Christ.

Some of us who have complained most "boisterously" are those who have felt that Logos was not handling this situation properly. Apparently those complaints brought these issues to the attention of those whom needed to hear our complaints. The issues are being resolved and a correction is in the works. Furthermore, now that we know that the issue is being handled, I haven't read of any other complaints.

The real issue seemed to be that our complaints were going unheard, thus the chorus was growing louder.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 3:30 PM

Yay! Mine finally arrived today, in Vancouver, BC.

Jonathan:
The real issue seemed to be that our complaints were going unheard, thus the chorus was growing louder.

And there are always a few singers in the chorus who come in late, not having realized that the complaints have already been adequately aired and responded to. Incidentally, have you heard of complaints choirs? They are all the rage. Really funny! Check out some of the YouTube videos. We should start up a Logos Complaints Choir. Maybe it would help people get their gripes out of their systems. Anyone care to start writing the lyrics for a good humorous anthem? Smile

Posts 102
Roger King | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 3:55 PM

Rosie Perera:
Yay! Mine finally arrived today, in Vancouver, BC.

Still waiting for mine in Ontario!

Posts 3765
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
Mike Heiser posted a link for the fixed Hebrew alphabet lesson already, but it turned out to be a bogus link, an internal one that he wasn't meant to give out and which we don't have access to, so he's waiting for the right person in Marketing to post the video in the right place and give us the proper link. Thus I'm guessing it will be available tomorrow. I'm sure the Greek one will be coming soon, too. It didn't take them long to fix the Hebrew one.

Have I missed the posting of the actual address?  There are so many threads that the result could be posted, but I easily miss it.  

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:35 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Rosie Perera:

Have I missed the posting of the actual address?  There are so many threads that the result could be posted, but I easily miss it.  

No you haven't missed it. It hasn't been posted yet. Some of us were speculating over on another thread that they might have realized they need to create a more secure way of posting it just for those who have purchased the videos to have access to it (e.g., on a separate part of the website that we only have access to once we're logged in), which might be why it's taking so long. If they just post the link on the forum anybody could download it. On the other hand, as someone else pointed out, that might be a good teaser to get people interested in buying the whole product. We'll have to wait and see what they end up doing...

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:24 PM

Got mine today, Arkansas

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:49 PM

Rosie Perera:
Some of us were speculating over on another thread that they might have realized they need to create a more secure way of posting it just for those who have purchased the videos to have access to it ...

I was thinking to myself, if enough of the chapters needed to be remade, and posted in the open, no-one would need to purchase it! Smile

More important, I was wondering if there would be merit in placing the status of the product back to "Pre-Pub" with the original price, until after new content and pressed DVDs are ready, and have passed any QA checks. Maybe this would help create a clean start with a fresh taste in the mouth.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:53 AM

And wow, mine arrived today in the UK, with no duty to pay. Ace. Good service.

Now just to wonder about replacement DVDs for all the errors that seem to be cropping up. Downloads are all well and good for one PC but I want correct original media so I can use them anywhere.

Posts 54
Paul Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:35 AM

Still not got mine in the UK yet. Waiting patiently............ lol

Paul

Millisle & Ballycopeland Presbyterian Church, Northern Ireland.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 12:48 PM

RogerKing:
Still waiting for mine in Ontario!

Me too.  And yet some arrived in the UK days ago?  Has to say something about our Customs and Mail service doesn't it?!!

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:24 PM

lostlogik:

And wow, mine arrived today in the UK, with no duty to pay. Ace. Good service.

Yeah, I didn't have to pay any GST on mine in Canada either. Yeehaw!

Posts 332
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:49 PM

Hi everybody

this information may be useful to others

I received my Greek and Hebrew learning software todaySmile

I copied the DVDs to a spare USB hard drive drive using a program called Virtual CD, I have also tried them on a flash drive

with no problems I'm using windows XP

When I moved over from libroinx 3 to version 4 I had some CDs with audio books on them

for example Bill Bright,Jeremiah2,Lucado, these work if you access them directly from the CDs ,in the previous version there was a homepage that you could access the relevant audio files

I created virtual CDs of all my audio libraries, then I created favourite links which goes directly to each audio track in libronix 4

For any training CD I use the same principle and make a favourite link

On my system I have five virtual CD/DVD drives I just mount which ever CD/DVD I want to use

Using this type of utility you only have to use your original CD/DVDs once to create the virtual CD/DVD

when you have created them you store your originals CD/DVDs in a safe place

mick

I use speech technology to overcome my dyslexia

sorry for any wrong pronounced words

Mick
Posts 57
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:19 PM

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Very excited but they won't play on my MB. Did they make a Window and Mac version? It opens on a PC. In fact I burned one lesson to a DVD which opens on my Mac. I'm calling customer service Monday but really wanted to play this weekend.

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:33 PM

Got mine today (in Alberta, Canada).  No duty or GST. The disks were mailed on June 21st. (4 days) Big Smile

Posts 19198
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:58 PM

Bryan Smith:

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Very excited but they won't play on my MB. Did they make a Window and Mac version? It opens on a PC. In fact I burned one lesson to a DVD which opens on my Mac. I'm calling customer service Monday but really wanted to play this weekend.

It's one version that should work on either Win or Mac. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime on your MB? You can download it free from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Page 4 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS