I love, love LOVE Faithlife/Logos - I really, really do - but...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:09 AM

I want to reiterate my Subject line: I love, love LOVE Faithlife/Logos - I really, really do! There is nothing like it. I use it all day every day and L8 is stellar beyond my imagination. I want that out there before I say what I know countless others have said before - and it seems so petty in light of it all but...

Why not simple bookmarks? Please. PLEEZE? Pretty pretty please? 

Every other e-reader that I have ever used or know about has a simple - 1-click bookmark feature. Every one but Logos. 

Sorry. Just had to say it one more time. Maybe if we knew what the allergy was, we'd drop it. But it just seems so out of step when everything else seems so amazingly thought out. 

I'll shut up now. 

Thanks again: Reid

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:39 AM

Are you referring to bookmarks on the mobile app? If so, you might should post this there. It might get more attention there.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 75
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:45 AM

I agree.  My personal workaround is that I created a notebook called “Bookmarks”.  When I want to create a bookmark, I simply add a note in the “Bookmarks” notebook with the page I was on.  Click on the note and it takes me right to the resource and page I left off.

Posts 735
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:47 AM

Reid A Ferguson:

Why not simple bookmarks? Please. PLEEZE? Pretty pretty please? 

👍👍

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 2692
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:08 AM

I like the idea! 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:19 AM

Both. 

Posts 238
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:20 AM

Yeah Bryce, that's a reasonable workaround I've used as well. But it seems like such a basic function that it ought to simply be there. 

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:40 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
Why not simple bookmarks? Please.

Yes

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 28
John5796 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:51 AM

Yes

Logos 9 - Win 10 - I7 8700 - 1TB SSD - 1TB HDD - 32G DDR4 - Still have Libronix running on an old laptop Wink

Posts 276
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 2:36 PM

I use a highlight to mark my reading for the next day. I have learned I probably don't need this because Logos is smart enough and always opens my book to the page I closed it at. 

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 2:52 PM

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
• Cmd+1...9 – Navigate to Bookmark (1–9)

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
• Opt+Shift+Cmd+1...9 – Set Bookmark (1–9)

Windows Keyboard Shortcuts
• Ctrl+Shift+1...9 – Set Bookmark (1–9)

Personally I find Logos bookmarks eighties-esque and too cumbersome to bother with.  Instead, I use favorites or nothing.  Actually, for many years I have I really wished (and suggested) that Logos would invent useful, per-book, easy-to use-bookmarks.  Seems 2 decades overdue.

If you have space you can drag a shortcut to the menu bar at the top of your screen. Speaking of which, we need to be able to have folders on the menu bar--but that is a different much-needed request.

For the record, I absolutely LOVE Logos and use it extensively every day.

Posts 2130
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 4:21 PM

I agree with the need for simple bookmarks!  Have for years.

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:27 PM

This is the legacy Bookmark system from Logos 2 and possibly earlier than that. It was adequate in those days but not now.

FL habe pushed favourites as the modern alternative.

GaoLu:

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
• Cmd+1...9 – Navigate to Bookmark (1–9)

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
• Opt+Shift+Cmd+1...9 – Set Bookmark (1–9)

Windows Keyboard Shortcuts
• Ctrl+Shift+1...9 – Set Bookmark (1–9)

Personally I find Logos bookmarks eighties-esque and too cumbersome to bother with.  Instead, I use favorites or nothing.  Actually, for many years I have I really wished (and suggested) that Logos would invent useful, per-book, easy-to use-bookmarks.  Seems 2 decades overdue.

If you have space you can drag a shortcut to the menu bar at the top of your screen. Speaking of which, we need to be able to have folders on the menu bar--but that is a different much-needed request.

For the record, I absolutely LOVE Logos and use it extensively every day.

Posts 2130
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 7:01 PM

DIsciple II:

Favorites needs an update. 

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 8:58 PM

Mark:

DIsciple II:

Favorites needs an update. 

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS