Forum navigation

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 25 2009 5:02 PM

Hi Logos Tech,

The site seems to be coming along nicely.  I do have a few suggestions.

1. When I am in one forum, there is no quick way to navigate to another forum unless I go back to the home page first.  It would be nice if there was a way to switch from forum to forum in each page.

2. It would be nice if I could mark "All threads Read" from the page that lists the "Posts You Have Not Read Yet".  Currently, I have to go to each forum and mark them all "read" in every one.

Thanks,

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2009 10:26 PM

Joe Miller:

1. When I am in one forum, there is no quick way to navigate to another forum unless I go back to the home page first.  It would be nice if there was a way to switch from forum to forum in each page.

Yes, what shall we do with the ship of Forum?  It is difficult to navigate.  I would suggest a navbar along the side with a collapsible menu structure.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3704
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 11:29 AM

Joe Miller:

2. It would be nice if I could mark "All threads Read" from the page that lists the "Posts You Have Not Read Yet".  Currently, I have to go to each forum and mark them all "read" in every one.

In addition, when browsing "unread" posts:

1. At the bottom of the page, the button "Next Topic" does not appear to take you to the next topic with unread posts, but (as it says) to the next topic.
  2. When browsing a  forum with more than one page of posts, the feature that is supposed to take you to the next unread post does not appear to be working. I end up having to manually select the last page & navigate to it. This makes for extra steps to get back to the filtered list of topics with unread posts.

And when browsing any page of posts, It's just too hard to figure out what post someone is relying to.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 11:50 AM

Bill Stonebraker:

In addition, when browsing "unread" posts:

1. At the bottom of the page, the button "Next Topic" does not appear to take you to the next topic with unread posts, but (as it says) to the next topic.
  2. When browsing a  forum with more than one page of posts, the feature that is supposed to take you to the next unread post does not appear to be working. I end up having to manually select the last page & navigate to it. This makes for extra steps to get back to the filtered list of topics with unread posts.

And when browsing any page of posts, It's just too hard to figure out what post someone is relying to.

In a nutshell, it's a mess.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS