BUG: Incomplete documentation leads to puzzlement re: Figurative Language

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 26831
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 2 2019 8:14 PM

Westbury, Joshua R., Jeremy Thompson, Kristopher A. Lyle, and Jimmy Parks, eds. Lexham Figurative Language of the Bible Glossary. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016. This documentation:

1. Covers the Label syntax and Context Menu entry
  2. Doesn't appear to cover the Section/Tag syntax and Context Menu

I was trying to identify the dual entry in the Context Menu when I found this ... I'm still trying.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25044
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 3:51 PM

MJ. Smith:
I was trying to identify the dual entry in the Context Menu when I found this ... I'm still trying.

The Label usually has multiple parameters, so the Label search can be more restrictive/specific.

In this case {Label Figurative Language WHERE Category ~ <FigurativeLanguageCategory Metaphor, Structural> AND Source ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Son of God> AND Target ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Jesus> AND Type ~ <FigurativeLanguageType Son of God as Jesus>} has the same results as {Section <FigurativeLanguageTerm = Son of God>} and {Section <FigurativeLanguageType = Son of God as Jesus>}.

You can manipulate the {Label } e.g.

• {Label Figurative Language WHERE  Type ~ <FigurativeLanguageType Son of God as Jesus>}
  • {Label Figurative Language WHERE Source ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Son of God> AND Target ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Jesus>}
  • {Label Figurative Language WHERE Source ~ <FigurativeLanguageTerm Son of God>}

They all produce the same results.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS