Theology Guide: where is "Communion of Saints"?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 428
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 2 2019 11:53 PM

Maybe I am not understanding properly how the Theology Guide works, in which case maybe someone could educate me. 

However, I am wondering why a doctrine important enough to show up in the Apostles' Creed isn't showing up in the guide... Unless it's under a different label?

Posts 1147
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 1:37 AM

I did a search in the Lexham Survey of Theology, which the TG is based on, for "communion of saints" and got zero hits.

Looking under "Doctrine of the Church," the most likely location I see is "Fellowship in the Life of the Church," but it's a short article and rather limited in scope.

Posts 3407
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 7:56 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
However, I am wondering why a doctrine important enough to show up in the Apostles' Creed isn't showing up in the guide... Unless it's under a different label?

I suggest checking this out at Faithlife.com, where concepts that people think should be added to the Lexham Survey of Theology are suggested and discussed, with FL staff paying attention. There you will be able to lend your support to the suggestion that the communio sanctorum be added. Smile

Posts 428
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 1:04 AM

SineNomine:
There you will be able to lend your support to the suggestion that the communio sanctorum be added. Smile

Done! Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS