ACKNOWLEDGED BUG: Missing data in Information tool

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26831
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 3 2019 5:26 PM

I'm still playing with the elements in Richter, Wolfgang, Christian Riepl, and Johann Peter Rechenmacher. Biblia Hebraica Transcripta. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016 -- trying to find examples of all the datatype information unique to this resource. The data elements I've been researching include:

• base
  • base transliteration
  • base gloss
  • ending
  • extensions
  • construction
  • base element

Where I have run into a problem is with base, base transliteration, and base gloss. I can request them in the Information tool, Word Info section. I can get a value for Base but not for Transliteration or Gloss.

Here is an example. Note that what is treated as Base is actual Base transliteration and the nothing resembling a gloss appears.

My expectation is that if I can request it, it should be visible. It may be that there is another resource that uses this slot - I need to change my example. If BHt is the only resource that uses this slot, either the display or the options are in error.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

I think the bug here is that "Transcription" (and probably "Gloss") aren't valid options for BHt (because its analysis is already transliterated). The Word Info section probably assumes that "original language" data is always in a non-Latin script (so it's also a bug in the Latin Vulgate).

MJ. Smith:
Note that what is treated as Base is actual Base transliteration

No, that is the base. 

Posts 26831
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 1:49 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

MJ. Smith:
Note that what is treated as Base is actual Base transliteration

No, that is the base. 

I stand corrected. Can you provide a resource in which the transcription and gloss are valid values? I've been unable to find one. Thanks.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS